Specific Heat of Liquid Saturation Line and Vapour Saturation Line in RefProp

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
terryphi
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Hello There,

So I made a plot of some specific heats in refprop, and I chose the "Draw Saturation Lines" option. When I did this, the follow chart was produced.

http://i.imgur.com/h34Pq.png

Now my question is, what are these saturation lines representing?

-TP
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand the question. Are you asking what saturation means? or what the graph is representing as a whole?

It's just showing you the change in pressure coefficient against temperature for water when it's not in vapour-liquid equilibrium.
 
Last edited:
What conditions is the water at as represented by are the "liquid saturation lines" and "vapor saturation lines". This is the specific heat of water at what pressure? Why does it increase asymptotically?