Speed of light and bending time

In summary: The speed of light is always the same, no matter how fast you are going.In summary, the author is researching timetravel and the speed of light. He is uncertain about a flaw in the theory and needs more information. He is not worried about time dilation because he will still see the same clock ticks and physical processes. He is concerned about how people would measure speed if they were going faster than the speed of light. He believes that the speed of light will always be the same, no matter how fast you are going.
dark0fire
First, i want to state that i am very interested in physics, but i have not done any education on this subject, except for science class, which only covered the tip of the iceberg of information we now have.

Second, i want to excuse myself for possible faults in data, I'm happy if you correct me, to help me out of my paradox. I'm also happy if you confirm my idea ;)

3rd, my post is longer than expected, i note a lot of data to make sure my way of thinking is right, again, correct me if I'm wrong.( in theory, not in grammar! :P)

I have done some research on the internet to find out more information about timetravel, and the constant speed of light.

We measure speed in units of distance and time, like we state that the speed of light is 299792458 km/h.

We also believe that as we go faster, time goes slower. If i would travel at lightspeed, my watch would tik slower than a watch on earth, thus i am traveling to the future.

Since my body needs to circulate blood, and my atoms need to vibrate( for temperature), i would die, because my temperature goes down to 0 kelvin( else my 'forward' vibrating atom would go faster than speed of light, which is impossible, at least, that is the theory), and my blood can't circulate forward, due to same restrictions.

But i believe that this theory about the constrant maximum speed of light has a flaw, in combination with the time traveling concept. I checked http://www.astrosociety.org/education/publications/tnl/71/howfast.html to see the best indication of our current speed, which is around 2.1 million km/h. This means we already go around 583,33 km/s( more than 1/514th of lightspeed). In our perspective, a second is a second, so everything that moves can be measured with m/s or km/s, etc. But if we would go faster, our second slows down, we don't know to what point exactly( at least i don't), a very slow flow of time or a stop in time. If going faster slows our watch, then going slower (to the absolute 0 velocity)would make our watch go faster.

So let's say, at 583.33 km/s, 1 second is a second, if we go twice as fast( which is a big achievement already!), then a second from traveling perspective, might be 1.1 second on earth, but how do you measure speed then? More extreme example, let's say we move so fast, that 1 secont in traveling perspective, would be 5 seconds on earth. IF you were at the velocity which we take to be the absolute maximum, than we would be traveling at 299792458 m/s in traveling perspective, but seen from earth, its only 1/5th as fast!? How do we solve this issue?

Science news on Phys.org
I would suggest that you continue your studies, since you have taken in a mish-mash of concepts and misunderstood them.

Time dilation does not occur to the traveler, it is a perception of external observers. That is, YOU do not see you clock tick abnormally, nor do your physical processes change. External observers DO see that and yes you do in fact travel into the future faster than those who are not accelerating, providing that you return to their frame of reference.

Relativistic speeds do not add, they are governed by a different formula and never exceed c.

1. What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is a fundamental physical constant that represents the speed at which electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, travels through a vacuum. It is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second or 186,282 miles per second.

2. Why is the speed of light considered the fastest speed possible?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is the maximum speed at which all matter and information in the universe can travel. This is due to the relationship between space and time, as the speed of light is also the conversion factor between the two. It would require infinite energy to accelerate an object to the speed of light, making it impossible to surpass.

3. Can the speed of light be exceeded?

Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that the speed of light can be exceeded. Many theories and experiments have been proposed, but all have been unable to prove that it is possible to travel faster than the speed of light. However, some scientists believe that it may be possible to warp space-time in order to "cheat" the speed limit.

4. How does the speed of light relate to the bending of time?

The speed of light is closely related to the bending of time, as it is a key component in Einstein's theory of relativity. According to this theory, the closer an object travels to the speed of light, the more time slows down for that object. This phenomenon is known as time dilation and has been proven through various experiments, such as the famous Hafele-Keating experiment.

5. Is it possible to travel through time by moving at the speed of light?

While it may seem like traveling at the speed of light would allow one to travel through time, it is not possible according to our current understanding of physics. As an object approaches the speed of light, time slows down for that object, but it does not stop or reverse. Therefore, it is not possible to travel back in time by moving at the speed of light. However, some scientists believe that time travel may be possible through other means, such as utilizing wormholes or manipulating space-time.