Speed VS Time to Position VS Time

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
gagneana000
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Convert this Speed vs Time graph of an airplane taking off into a Position vs Time Graph.
SvT.jpg

Homework Equations


None

The Attempt at a Solution


Don't know where to begin... Please help! I have Graph paper and will make the PvT graph on there. I am only in 8th grade and know barely any Physics.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The legend said:
wheres the image?

Sorry, It's here now!
 
first thing bring both qtys into SI or any particular system you want.(careful about the units) .

now think geometry and graphs
what is the relation between displacement and speed. How can you relate the quantities given and get displacement(which is as good as position starting from origin in this case).

Get values of displacement for t=1,2,3 and so on and plot them on your graph.
you should get a curvy(parabolic) figure.
 
The legend said:
first thing bring both qtys into SI or any particular system you want.(careful about the units) .

now think geometry and graphs
what is the relation between displacement and speed. How can you relate the quantities given and get displacement(which is as good as position starting from origin in this case).

Get values of displacement for t=1,2,3 and so on and plot them on your graph.
you should get a curvy(parabolic) figure.
SI? What's that?
 
The speed to miles per second... so would i just multiply the speed by 60²? And after doing that, how would I change the speed to position? Would I divide the time by the speed to get it?
 
I'm actually now thinking I should divide by 60²