• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

It made me stand up and do a little tap dance in the bedroom.:biggrin:

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
Nice! As was the Polish chit chat.
Repeat please!

That is great, but if you can't find some spoons...

this one I like!
or this one;

Last edited by a moderator:
Borek
Mentor
Wow, never heard about hambone before :bugeye:

turbo
Gold Member
That spoon-guy (OP) was pretty entertaining, unlike the obnoxious jerk who seemed to show up at gigs every hunting season at the Solon Hotel. He was bad when he was sober, and got worse (and louder) with every beer. People paid a cover-charge to hear our band, not to listen to some inept clacking. Nothing against spoons in general, mind you - there was a jug-band in my old home town that featured spoons, washtub bass, and washboard rhythm (using thimbles) as well as guitar, harmonica and banjo. They were a very entertaining bunch and played lots of traditional music - usually for free and just for the fun of it. A guy who owned a hot-dog stand near my parents' house built a stage by the side of the place and gave musicians a free place to play - he gave them discounts, and they drew in more business for him.

turbo
Gold Member
Wow, never heard about hambone before :bugeye:
I have a friend who's pretty darned good at it - he picked it up while in college in PA about 40 years ago. He hambones while seated. It was more common to see that slapping combined with clogging when French-Canadian or Maritime music was performed. We had some pretty good fiddlers in the area when I was a kid, but most of that music died out with the old-timers that brought it to the region.

Cheered me up!

Thank you Borek.

ahh, that's the Polish version of American Idol

Małgorzata Foremniak :!!)