Exploring the Art of Kansas-based Artist: A 30-Year Retrospective

• Art
  • Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art
In summary, the conversation is about an artist named Stan Herd who creates earthwork art. The speaker met him in a lamaze birth training class over 30 years ago and has seen a lot of his works since they are both from Kansas. The artist's earthworks are photos of his actual art and are difficult to implement due to the intricate detail. The speaker shares a memory of one of Stan's works where he painted large rocks used on the Kansas River dam. The speaker also mentions finding some of Stan's works through a Google search and shares a photo of his crop art featuring Kamala Harris. They also provide a YouTube video demonstrating Stan's process of creating his art.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I meet this artist when he and I attended a lamaze birth training class over thirty years ago. I just thought about him and thought I would post his website. Being from Kansas, I was able to see a lot of his works. Here's a small sample:

sunflowers.jpg

Likes Astronuc, BillTre, jedishrfu and 2 others
Science news on Phys.org
So his earthworks are photos of his actual earthwork art. Those must be really hard to implement. The detail is just fantastic.

jedishrfu said:
So his earthworks are photos of his actual earthwork art. Those must be really hard to implement. The detail is just fantastic.
Yes, very difficult. I know he took a lot of measurements. I remember one that he did by painting large rocks used on the Kansas River dam in Lawrence, Kansas.

jedishrfu said:
So his earthworks are photos of his actual earthwork art.
I just did a google search "Lawrence Journal world Stan Herd" and got some of his works. Here's one of Kamala Harris:
Kamala harris.jpg

I believe that's him working on it with his tractor.

• Love
Likes Hamiltonian and BillTre
For those interested, here's a YouTube video of Stan and how he makes these crop arts:

Likes jedishrfu

1. What is the purpose of the retrospective exhibit?

The purpose of the retrospective exhibit is to showcase the 30-year artistic journey of a Kansas-based artist and highlight their growth and evolution as an artist over the years.

2. Who is the artist featured in the retrospective exhibit?

The artist featured in the retrospective exhibit is a Kansas-based artist who has been creating art for the past 30 years.

3. What mediums does the artist use in their artwork?

The artist uses a variety of mediums in their artwork, including painting, sculpture, and mixed media. They are known for their experimentation with different materials and techniques in their pieces.

4. How many pieces of art are included in the retrospective exhibit?

The retrospective exhibit features a total of 50 pieces of art, spanning the artist's 30-year career. This includes a mix of both well-known and lesser-known works.

5. Is there a theme or common thread throughout the artist's work?

While each piece of art in the retrospective exhibit is unique, there is a common thread that runs through the artist's work. This may include recurring themes, techniques, or subject matter that can be seen throughout their 30-year artistic journey.