Stealthy Antenna Spotted in Santa Clara - Share Your Story!

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Antennas
In summary, a ninja parade was spotted with invisible cell antennas in a church parking lot in Santa Clara, Colorado.
berkeman
Mentor
I spotted this "palm tree" in Santa Clara a few days ago. It's in a church parking lot, near some other real palm trees. Pretty clever way for the church to make some extra money on the side from a cell phone provider.

My girlfriend spotted a much stealthier cell antenna tower disguised as a pine tree -- I'll try to post a picture of it soon if I can figure out how to get a picture of it without getting run over (it's on a highway offramp).

What stealthy cell tower antennas or HAM/other antennas have you spotted? :smile:

Cell Tower Palm Tree in Santa Clara.jpg

Likes dlgoff, davenn and mfb
Engineering news on Phys.org
cool ...
gosh will have to hunt through my first USA trip in 1999, pretty sure I got a photo or 2 of southern Colorado cell towers looking like pine trees

will look when I get home toniteDave

I saw an abandoned cell phone tower in Bali that was completely covered with vines, Planet of the Apes style.

Hornbein said:
I saw an abandoned cell phone tower in Bali that was completely covered with vines, Planet of the Apes style.
Hmm, I don't think that counts. Unless of course, they re-activate the tower and don't trim the vines...:smile:

berkeman said:
Hmm, I don't think that counts. Unless of course, they re-activate the tower and don't trim the vines...:smile:

Sorry. It was the best I could do.

Likes berkeman
I found a picture of a ninja parade online. I'm sure some of them had radios. :smile:

I have lots of pictures with invisible cell towers. At least I think they are cell towers. :wink:

found it ! :smile:

cellphone_tower.jpg

here's the same tower ... I managed to find it in google street view ( serious exercise !)

colorado cell tower1.jpg

the view below is from close enough to the same spot that I took my photo from

colorado cell tower2.jpg

and finally a google Earth location map ( within the red oval) ... not too far nth of Colorado Springs ...

colorado cell tower location.JPG
cheers
Dave

Likes Jeff Rosenbury, dlgoff and berkeman

1. What is a stealthy antenna?

A stealthy antenna is an antenna that is designed to be hidden or disguised in order to blend in with its surroundings. This can be useful for aesthetic or security purposes.

2. Where was the stealthy antenna spotted in Santa Clara?

The stealthy antenna was spotted in Santa Clara, California, specifically in a residential area.

3. How was the stealthy antenna discovered?

The stealthy antenna was discovered by a group of amateur radio operators who noticed unusual antenna patterns in the area. They investigated further and found the hidden antenna.

4. Why would someone use a stealthy antenna?

There are a few reasons why someone might use a stealthy antenna. It could be for aesthetic purposes, to comply with local regulations, or for security reasons. A hidden antenna can also be useful for those who live in areas with strict homeowner association rules.

5. Is using a stealthy antenna legal?

In most cases, using a stealthy antenna is legal as long as it complies with FCC regulations. However, it is always a good idea to check with local authorities and homeowner associations before installing a hidden antenna.

Back