String Hypotheses (Post yours also)

• Thread starter StringCheese
  • Start date
  • Tags
    String
In summary, the conversation discusses various ideas and hypotheses related to string theory and its implications for the behavior of particles and the universe. The main points include the concept of particles communicating over vast distances, the potential existence of anti-strings, and the idea that everything in the universe is constantly bending spacetime. The conversation also touches on the potential use of these ideas to explain phenomena such as black holes and chaos. Ultimately, the discussion is cut short due to forum rules prohibiting personal theories.
StringCheese
String Theory Hypothesis
Hello everyone! This is my first post here :D Id like to say how great this forum is, and how it will help me in my quantum mechanics studies as soon as I find the time to read everything.
I have been pondering some things for a while - and would like some feedback if anyone is interested :-).
1) Amazing thing - two polar opposite particles able to 'communicate' with each other over distances of millions of light years instantly. (NASA even did an experiment on this last year which worked.) How can this happen? My idea is that having two opposite particles means that they are going to bend space in the exact same way. If they can affect each other so suddenly, they have to be connected. If strings exist, then 'antistrings' should exist, and if spacetime is a large piece of flat rubbery fabric in a sphere shape (yes I am assuming things a lot here, but hear me out :D) and there is a large amount of anti-strings in the middle, then each individual prostring would be attracted to the antistrings, pulling down on the fabric of space, creating mass. If two particles are identical, they should have the same vibrations of strings, which would make them pulled down onto the antistrings exactly the same amount. They could then meet (Think of it as a trampoline with two people standing on it, if they angle towards each other, they will touch at the same point), and would affect each other as they would be the same particle.
This could explain why black holes act the way they do, for they break thru the fabric of space, but only allow the prostrings into the middle of space -- letting the antistrings out (Hawking's radiation..).

(Why not try and explain the entire universe in one post -- here comes chaos!)
2) If everything is constantly moving (spinning, moving around in space), then they are all interfering with the other atom's spacetime bends. If everything is bending spacetime atleast somewhat - it must bend the entire universe - which would create a very great mess of bends and curves. If a particle tries to move across these bends and curves, it would make for a very wavy and unpredictable journey! (aka.. chaos)

I have a few more ideas, but I should work out some more logic behind them first before posting.
Thanks for your responses!
-StringCheese :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Personal theories are not welcome here. Please do not continue to post them.

- Warren

FAQ: String Hypotheses (Post yours also)

1. What is a string hypothesis?

A string hypothesis is a theoretical framework in physics that suggests that the fundamental building blocks of the universe are not particles, but rather tiny vibrating strings. These strings are thought to be the underlying structure of all matter and energy in the universe.

2. What is the significance of string hypotheses?

String hypotheses have the potential to unify the laws of physics and provide a more comprehensive understanding of the universe. They also offer a possible solution to the incompatibility between general relativity and quantum mechanics.

3. How does string theory differ from other theories of physics?

Unlike other theories, string theory does not rely on point-like particles, but rather one-dimensional strings. It also proposes the existence of extra dimensions beyond the four we are familiar with in our everyday experience.

4. Are there any experimental tests for string hypotheses?

Currently, there is no direct experimental evidence for string hypotheses. However, there are ongoing experiments at the Large Hadron Collider that may provide evidence for string theory in the future.

5. What are the criticisms of string hypotheses?

Some critics argue that string hypotheses are too abstract and lack empirical evidence. Others argue that the theory is too complex and has not yet made any verifiable predictions. There is also debate about whether string theory can truly be considered a scientific theory as it cannot currently be tested through experimentation.