1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Structure function in turbulence

1. Aug 29, 2016 #1

ATY

Hey guys,
    I need your help. I have to write a homework and we are actually looking at structure functions (Kolmogorov 41 and so on), but I have no clue what it does. So I have formulas, but I do not understand what a structure function is. Is it something in the "real world" or is it just a way to connect data ?

I hope you can explain it to (or for ? my english is not good) me.

PS: I did not ask this in the homeworks/course works forum, because it is not really a question about my homework, but about physics itself.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Sep 3, 2016 #3

olivermsun

Science Advisor

Well, it is an interesting question that you pose, whether it is "real" or just some kind of abstraction.

Do you have an example structure function from your textbook that you would like to examine

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted