1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study Aerospace Engineeringing after Mechanical Engineering

1. Jul 23, 2008 #1
    Hi,

I'm a last year student in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium (Europe). Next year I will have the degree Master in Mechanical Engineering (Dutch: Master in Burgerlijk ingenieur Werktuigbouwkunde).

If I would decide to study for Aerospace engineering (Master in Lucht- en ruimtevaart) it would take only 1 year in Belgium because I would already be a mechanical engineer. Is this also the case in the United States?

So would I have the possibility to obtain Master in Aerospace Engineering in the US in 1 year?

Which universities are the best for Aerospace Engineering according to you (with a real chance to get in-> not like MIT by example)?

Kindest regards,
    Mab

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Only if the university/program give credit for courses taken in the Mech Eng program and one completes a thesis in one year. Normally two years would be required, particularly if one enters from another university or other program.

It's unusual, but not impossible.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?