Suggest good books for exam preparation

In summary, the best books for exam preparation are ones that are specifically geared towards the subject or exam, have practice questions and tests, and clear explanations of key concepts. Reputable authors and publishers include Kaplan, Princeton Review, Barron's, and McGraw-Hill. Other resources such as online practice tests, study guides, and class notes should also be used. To choose the right book, consider the topics and concepts covered on the exam and read reviews or ask for recommendations. Additionally, there are digital and online resources such as e-books, audiobooks, and online practice tests that can be helpful for studying.
nirvana
Well..i wanted to knw abt some good objective books for preparation for AIEEEand BITSAT 2007.Id be grateful to rceive help at t he earliest.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no idea what those exams entail but if they're admission exams perhaps books such as Serway: Physics for Scientists and Engineers, and similar books may help such as PA Tipler 1999 Physics for Scientists and Engineers (4e), etc which are rather lengthy bt very well written books about physics with engineering applications.

If you could elaborate as to what exactly the exams entail perhaps more people could contribute more precise textbooks.

There are many good books available for AIEEE and BITSAT preparation. Some popular ones are:

1. "Concepts of Physics" by H.C. Verma: This book covers all the important concepts in physics and has a variety of practice problems to help you prepare for these exams.

2. "Problems in General Physics" by I.E. Irodov: This book is known for its challenging problems and is recommended for students who want to excel in physics.

3. "Organic Chemistry" by O.P. Tandon: This book is considered the best for organic chemistry preparation and has a wide range of practice questions.

4. "Objective Mathematics" by R.D. Sharma: This book covers all the topics in mathematics and has a large number of objective questions for practice.

5. "Arihant's 41 Years' Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers" for AIEEE and "BITSAT Explorer" for BITSAT: These books contain previous years' solved papers and are great for practice and understanding the exam pattern.

Apart from these, you can also refer to NCERT books for a strong foundation in all subjects. Make sure to also solve mock tests and practice papers to get familiar with the exam format and improve your speed and accuracy. All the best for your preparation!

1. What types of books are best for exam preparation?

The best books for exam preparation are ones that are specifically geared towards the subject or exam you are studying for. Look for books that have practice questions and tests, as well as clear and concise explanations of key concepts.

2. Are there any specific authors or publishers that are known for producing good exam preparation books?

There are many reputable authors and publishers in the exam preparation book market. Some popular ones include Kaplan, Princeton Review, Barron's, and McGraw-Hill. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before purchasing a book from a specific author or publisher.

3. Should I only rely on books for exam preparation or are there other resources I should use as well?

Books can be a great resource for exam preparation, but they should not be your only source of information. It's important to also use other resources such as online practice tests, study guides, and class notes to supplement your studying.

4. How do I choose the right book for my specific exam?

To choose the right book for your exam, start by looking at the specific topics and concepts that will be covered on the exam. Then, search for books that have a comprehensive coverage of those topics and also include practice questions and tests. It's also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from others who have taken the same exam.

5. Are there any digital or online resources that can be used for exam preparation?

Yes, there are many digital and online resources that can be used for exam preparation. This includes e-books, audiobooks, online practice tests and quizzes, and video tutorials. These resources can provide a more interactive and engaging way to study and can also be more convenient for those who prefer studying on their electronic devices.