• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Suggestions or advice for engineering

• Thread starter ME_student
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Greetings,

So I am currently finishing up my Sophomore year in mechanical engineering. I am having a hard time deciding if I want to go back and retake a few classes such as Calc 2 and Calc 3 since I got C's in those classes or is it just a waste of time? Because if I retake the courses I may possibly raise the GPA so I can apply for MECOP. The university I plan on attending requires a 3.20GPA in order to apply for MECOP. I was thinking about just apply for Summer internships instead since my GPA is short of a 3.20. I am not an A student, more like a B student. Ha!

Thank you for the inputs.

Answers and Replies

OldEngr63
Gold Member
I don't think you will ever regret having a better understanding of calc if you are a theoretically inclined person. On the other hand, if you see yourself eventually as a "catalog" engineer (one who designs things primarily by selecting components from a catalog), then don't bother with the calc.

I don't think you will ever regret having a better understanding of calc if you are a theoretically inclined person. On the other hand, if you see yourself eventually as a "catalog" engineer (one who designs things primarily by selecting components from a catalog), then don't bother with the calc.

Okay well then I probably won't even bother retaking those classes...