1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestions or advice for engineering

1. Dec 17, 2014 #1
    Greetings,

So I am currently finishing up my Sophomore year in mechanical engineering. I am having a hard time deciding if I want to go back and retake a few classes such as Calc 2 and Calc 3 since I got C's in those classes or is it just a waste of time? Because if I retake the courses I may possibly raise the GPA so I can apply for MECOP. The university I plan on attending requires a 3.20GPA in order to apply for MECOP. I was thinking about just apply for Summer internships instead since my GPA is short of a 3.20. I am not an A student, more like a B student. Ha!

Thank you for the inputs.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2014 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

I don't think you will ever regret having a better understanding of calc if you are a theoretically inclined person. On the other hand, if you see yourself eventually as a "catalog" engineer (one who designs things primarily by selecting components from a catalog), then don't bother with the calc.

4. Jan 2, 2015 #3

Okay well then I probably won't even bother retaking those classes...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook