1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Superconductor book for starter?

1. Jan 10, 2017 #1
    I got interested in this superconductor stuff a few week ago and I just want to learn more about this.
    So any book or ebook recommendation about superconductor ? especially for starter ?

Note: I'm a new engineering student

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2017 #2
    If you're a freshman or sophomore engineering student, I can't recommend much that goes into the details of our understanding of superconductivity.

Superconductivity: A Very Short Introduction by Stephen J. Blundell has some history and high school level explanation though. I haven't read it, but Blundell is very good at explaining physics in basic, straightforward terms. I imagine his explanations might be better than you'd get from a Scientific American article, say.

4. Jan 11, 2017 #3
    I just realized there's another popular-level book that will help you really understand the concepts of quantum mechanics.

QED by Richard Feynman is a wonderful book, and inexpensive. It's pitched at a popular level, but he doesn't use misleading analogies or patronize the reader. Because of that, this book is a good companion for the study of quantum mechanics and quantum field theory to build intuition.

It doesn't cover superconductors, but the material in it should help you with the concepts needed to understand superconductivity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted