Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Talk about electrons, double slit, interface patterns

1. Feb 22, 2007 #1
    :surprised Hello everyone. Very nice forum you have here. I came here to ask if someone can give me a few pointers on Physics. I am totally lost here. I found this page http://www.ictshirts.com/t-shirt/122/quantum-physics-electron-double-slit.htm and they talk about electrons, double slit, interface patterns. It's all very interesting but very confusing too! Can someone explain it to me?
    Thanks all :blushing:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I would not use that site for learning about the 2-slit. They seem to think observing electrons with "weaker" light can change its quantum property, among other rather dubious things.

You may want to search PF in the Quantum Physics forum for everything that has been discussed on the 2-slit experiment.

4. Feb 22, 2007 #3
    Hi ZapperZ, is my post in the right thread? If it's not can you move it? Sorry, just reeling over that page. It's really deep stuff!
  5. Feb 27, 2007 #4

quoted from the site-

"Quantum Physics is the 'Uber' physics in that it becomes philosophical. Einstein was more of a philosopher than anything, and that's why he loved Quantum Physics."

I'd recommend you stay away from material of this subject matter written by liberal arts majors.
  6. Mar 1, 2007 #5
    Just a question... Not so important, just at a curiosity.

Does Einstein really like QF?? Wasn`t that he who said something like:
    "God does not dice" against QF`s probability stuff?
    Correct me if I`m wrong.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?