Technological engravings on Laptop

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, the conversation is about four logos found on a laptop and their meanings. The second logo is for the hard disk, the third for wifi, and the first and last logos were unidentified until the user searched for the user guide and found that the first logo represents an optical drive compartment and the last logo is for the memory module compartment. The user mentions their laptop model, Pavilion m6, and expresses gratitude for finding the meaning of the logos.
Raghav Gupta
20160221_163944.jpg

What these 4 logos mean on laptop?
The second one I think is for functioning of hard disk, third one most of us know is for wifi.
I have never seen the first and last symbol before. Anybody having idea what the logos mean?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hello Raghav ! Pity you didn't mention a type number or something. Google " hp laptop user guide <type>"
Here I found

(5)
upload_2016-2-21_14-3-0.png
Memory module compartment ##\qquad## Description: Contains the memory module slots.

Likes Raghav Gupta
BvU said:
Hello Raghav ! Pity you didn't mention a type number or something. Google " hp laptop user guide <type>"
Here I found

(5) View attachment 96232 Memory module compartment ##\qquad## Description: Contains the memory module slots.
Hello,
I never thought this could be found in a user guide.
I was thinking they would be general symbols, so I not mentioned the type number.
The type number is Pavilion m6. I found out the memory module logo from the link you provided, though you have already given the spoiler.
I went through the Pavilion m6 service guide to find out the first symbol meaning but was not successful.
Finally in user guide I found that it is an optical drive compartment.
Thanks.

P.S.
It is good to find you still in the forums.

Last edited:
Raghav Gupta said:
It is good to find you still in the forums
same with you ! Enjoy your powerful laptop !

Likes NascentOxygen

What are technological engravings on laptop?

Technological engravings on laptop refer to the process of using a laser or other engraving tool to permanently etch designs, logos, or text onto the surface of a laptop. These engravings can be done for aesthetic purposes or for identification and branding.

Why would someone want to get a technological engraving on their laptop?

There are several reasons why someone may choose to get a technological engraving on their laptop. One reason is to personalize the laptop with a unique design or message. Another reason is to prevent theft or make it easier to identify the laptop in case it is lost or stolen. Some companies also use engravings as a form of branding for their laptops.

What materials can be used for technological engravings on laptops?

The most common material used for technological engravings on laptops is aluminum, as it is a durable and lightweight material. However, other materials such as plastic or carbon fiber can also be used. It is important to consult with a professional engraver to determine the best material for the desired design and outcome.

Is it possible to remove a technological engraving from a laptop?

Yes, it is possible to remove a technological engraving from a laptop, but it can be a difficult and time-consuming process. Depending on the material and depth of the engraving, it may require sanding, buffing, or even replacing the entire surface of the laptop. It is important to carefully consider the design and placement of the engraving before getting it done.

Are there any risks associated with getting a technological engraving on a laptop?

There are a few potential risks associated with getting a technological engraving on a laptop. The process can damage the surface of the laptop, so it is important to choose a skilled and experienced engraver. Additionally, some laptop manufacturers may consider engraving as a form of physical damage and it could void the warranty. It is best to check with the manufacturer before getting an engraving done.