Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Telepathy debate hits London

1. Jan 23, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.nature.com/nsu/040119/040119-7.html

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2004 #2
    Telepathy is the hardest "paranormal" thing for me to dismiss. I have had the experience of thinking about a person out of the blue only to have the phone ring seconds later and it be them. Recently I "knew" a person who would normally be asleep at a certain time, wasn't, and I recieved an E-Mail from her about a half minute later. These could be coincidence.

Stories I've heard that are harder to explain are people who sence relatives are in trouble and call them only to find out it is true. Again, this could be coincidence if it happens that many, many more such calls are made that prove the fears to be groundless.

I find these experiences and stories to be compelling, although I haven't the vaguest idea how such a thing might be possible, and wouldn't begin to try to defend its authenticity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?