Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Temperature variation within thermocouple in Seebeck mode

1. Feb 25, 2015 #1
    Hi guys,
    I posted a thread a while ago asking for advices to create a Finite Element model of a radioisotope thermoelectric generator. I've basically finished this model mainly using conduction and radiation at the boundaries. I am wondering something though: currently my heat gradient is very low between the hot and cold junction ~5 K. Would it be worth coupling the temperatures inside the thermoelectric device with the thermoelectric effects knowing that it will complicate a lot the model or will the effects be really small and not worth it ?
    Thank you for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Aug 22, 2016 #3
    I have notified the owner of www.pyrosales.com.au about your question and hopefully I will be able to provide you with some important info/feedback.The owner is John Shanahan.

Hopefully this is OK with the website and Greg.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted