Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ten Obscure Factoids Concerning Albert Einstein

1. Mar 14, 2006 #1
    http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980907140525data_trunc_sys.shtml
    :rofl:
    That's strange.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

No. Actually, that is my preference - no shoes, no socks, thank you very much!

4. Mar 22, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:grumpy: hippie!

5. Mar 22, 2006 #4

Mk

What the hell is a factoid anyway?

6. Mar 22, 2006 #5
    fac┬Ětoid: The proper unit of measure for a bit of useless information. :wink:

7. Mar 22, 2006 #6

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I always take off my shoes even during class and while studying at the library. I don't take off my socks though. My feet would get cold.

8. Mar 23, 2006 #7
    I was there three years ago! I've found a more efficient method, I wear sandals with socks, that way it's always good.

9. Mar 23, 2006 #8

Mk

I walk around on my areaolas and corneas and phalanges.

10. Mar 23, 2006 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Very true. :biggrin:

11. Mar 23, 2006 #10

Astronuc

Yep! :biggrin:

12. Mar 23, 2006 #11

Just so you know, people laugh at you histerically behind your back.

Sandals with socks? It doesn't make any sense. Of course, I live near the beach. Sand + socks, not so cool.

13. Mar 23, 2006 #12
    I always wear socks, even on the rare occasion I wear sandals. Usually, no matter what the place or occasion, I wear boots, even in the sand.

14. Mar 23, 2006 #13

Evo

When I flew on Alitalia (Italian airline) the stewardess handed out socks to everyone on the plane. I was a bit confused, then the person next to me informed me that if someone wanted to remove their shoes, they needed to have socks on for hygenic reasons.

15. Mar 23, 2006 #14
    No, that was an excuse so they wouldn't have to tell the passengers, "your feet stink!" :surprised

16. Mar 23, 2006 #15

Astronuc

I had the same experience on United and Northwest (IIRC, they were slipper socks on NW) when I flew to Japan or Taiwan. I think Lufthansa did the same too, on flights to Europe.

And Air New Zealand handed out socks with Koala's on them on a flight that ultimately went to Australia. :biggrin:

17. Mar 23, 2006 #16

Evo

When I flew to Japan and Thailand, no socks, that was on Northwest. They also ran out of toilet paper on the 26 hour flight back. :grumpy:

18. Mar 23, 2006 #17
    So, they made an emergency landing somewhere, right?

19. Mar 23, 2006 #18

Astronuc

I know their service (as well as that of other airlines) has deteriorated somewhat over the past decade.

Twenty-six hrs? Any stops? Was that Bangkok to Tokyo to US?

I've been on coast-to-coast flights when the lavatories were closed. :yuck: :grumpy: That might have been NW. :rofl: :rolleyes:

20. Mar 23, 2006 #19

Evo

I have refused to fly NW since then.

From Bangkok to Chicago with a VERY LONG stop over in Tokyo, same plane. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have taken their offer of $700 to get off the plane. They were horribly over booked, so they were offering people money to give up their seats.

21. Mar 23, 2006 #20

Astronuc

I seldom fly NW unless I have no other option.

Over the years I ended up on 6-7 frequent flyer programs, but I now tend to fly one airline. AA, UA, and US have all given me problems. DL is better, but so far CO has been the best, although I have usually had good experience with all the foreign airlines, except for Iberia whose employees went on strike :grumpy: the day before I was to leave Spain.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?