1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Text book

1. May 5, 2005 #1
    Hey guys I need some help here.
    There isn't a text book for the Radiation Physics we are learning at the moment and all we use are the lecturer's lecture notes.
    I was hoping that some of you might know of a really good text book that covers radiation physics in depth.
    The topics that we are covering are:

1. Radioactivity
    2. Interaction of radiation with matter
    3. X-Rays
    4. Neutrons
    5. Particle Accelerators
    6. Detection Methods
    7. Radioanlytical techniques
    8. Radiation Dosimetry

Any recommendations would be really helpful.
    I was thinking of posting this in the college help section, but I figured since it is just a text book recommendation question that it could be suitable for the general discussion.
    I'd appreciate anything thanks :)

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2005 #2
    you're probably better off reading the approperiate sections of different textbooks. I can't think of a single book that'd cover all of that. skim through your college library for books on x-ray physics, instrumentation and experimental methdods and nuclear physics and you should be off to a good start.

4. May 5, 2005 #3
    Yeah I have done that and there are a few books that help a little, but I was wondering if somebody knew of a book that was particularly good at explaining at least a few of those topics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?