Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Text book

1. May 5, 2005 #1
    Hey guys I need some help here.
    There isn't a text book for the Radiation Physics we are learning at the moment and all we use are the lecturer's lecture notes.
    I was hoping that some of you might know of a really good text book that covers radiation physics in depth.
    The topics that we are covering are:

1. Radioactivity
    2. Interaction of radiation with matter
    3. X-Rays
    4. Neutrons
    5. Particle Accelerators
    6. Detection Methods
    7. Radioanlytical techniques
    8. Radiation Dosimetry

Any recommendations would be really helpful.
    I was thinking of posting this in the college help section, but I figured since it is just a text book recommendation question that it could be suitable for the general discussion.
    I'd appreciate anything thanks :)
  2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2005 #2
    you're probably better off reading the approperiate sections of different textbooks. I can't think of a single book that'd cover all of that. skim through your college library for books on x-ray physics, instrumentation and experimental methdods and nuclear physics and you should be off to a good start.
  4. May 5, 2005 #3
    Yeah I have done that and there are a few books that help a little, but I was wondering if somebody knew of a book that was particularly good at explaining at least a few of those topics.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?