Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Text waves slightly on new monitor

  1. Jan 4, 2014 #1
    I just bought a new Acer monitor and the text, such as what I'm typing right now, is moving very slightly in a wavy motion.

    Actually, I just noticed it's only wavy in the middle part of the screen. I'll use lines to show which part it's wavy at.

    Where there is a underscores instead of dashes, that's where the text is wavy from the bottom of the screen to the top. Is something wrong with this monitor? Thanks.

    Edit: Ok I just changed the resolution, and that seems to have fixed it. Is that normal?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2014 #2
    Did you change to the monitors native resolution? LCD monitors can act strange when they are not on their native resolution. Also, what kind of cable are you using with your monitor? DVI? VGA? HDMI?
  4. Jan 4, 2014 #3


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    I had similar (but not identical) problems with a VGA LCD monitor connected to DVI card (through DVI-VGA adapter). After replacing monitor with a DVI LCD, everything get back to normal.

    Which just means questions asked by KrisOnh are valid :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads - Text waves slightly Date
Rich text files Jan 4, 2018
Web Scraping: HTML to Text (Streaming). Suggestions? Jun 26, 2017
Sub indices in a text file May 2, 2017
How to change text-direction default in Word Jun 29, 2016
Explaining Telecommunication Apr 15, 2016