Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with Firefox on my new laptop

1. Mar 5, 2015 #1
    Hi

I just bought a new I5 laptop with Win 7 Pro. I loaded Firefox. But I notice I have problem when I go to some forums and even ordering with Digikey.

With Digikey, when I want to delete an item in the cart, it did not respond when I hit the delete key.
    With diyaudio.com forum, when I want to edit my post, it will not submit, nothing happens when I hit "save"

The symptom is as if that button does not work on the screen.

I tried Firefox with my old laptop with Win 7 Pro also, it works.

On the new laptop, I resorted to using Internet Explorer and everything works.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thaniks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2015 #2
    Use Chrome? :)

4. Mar 5, 2015 #3
    But I am more familiar with Firefox, I have been using it for years, I know how to set up a lot of things, save book marks to different computers and all. I can't even find the bookmark on IE. I used Chrome for a little bit, it's different!!.

5. Mar 5, 2015 #4
    Might be a bad build. Download it again in a couple weeks. I wonder also if you have some bloat malware interfering. Most new PCs have this junk installed. Download this, run a scan and see what it finds
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

6. Mar 5, 2015 #5
    Thanks

I was going to ask the second question. My new computer has a lot of pop ups!!!! How can a new computer has malware? It's a HP!!! I'll try that.

Thanks

7. Mar 5, 2015 #6
    Yeah HP very likely has installed bloat malware. They get little kickbacks for installing it.

8. Mar 5, 2015 #7
    I just ran the program you suggested. It found a bunch of pop up stuff and I removed them all. We'll see whether this will cure the pop up problem.

Thanks

9. Mar 5, 2015 #8
    Digikey site seems to work now. I yet to try the forum.

Thanks

10. Mar 5, 2015 #9
    Good to hear!

11. Mar 5, 2015 #10
    Looks like it works for the forum too!!! Wow, all the malware from a NEW COMPUTER!!!! Computer like this, you don't need enemy!!!

Thanks for all your help.

12. Mar 5, 2015 #11
    Good to hear. It's a real shame these companies put that junk on a brand new computer. Run that malware scan once a month.

13. Mar 5, 2015 #12
    Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook