The CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response for Zombie Apocalypse

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a zombie outbreak and how the CDC would handle it, including providing technical assistance and emergency supplies. The conversation also mentions the importance of emergency preparation for natural disasters, using the zombie apocalypse as a way to promote preparedness. The conversation ends with a humorous reference to a popular zombie movie.
Newai
Seriously. Wait--what?

If zombies did start roaming the streets, CDC would conduct an investigation much like any other disease outbreak. CDC would provide technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation. This assistance might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine).
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Physics news on Phys.org
Could come in handy after tomorrow. Isn't tomorrow judgement day?

Actually, that's kind of a cute ad for the CDC and emergency preparation.

Excellent way to get their message across ..

First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado or hurricane)

Pick a meeting place for your family to regroup in case zombies invade your home…or your town evacuates because of a hurricane. Pick one place right outside your home for sudden emergencies and one place outside of your neighborhood in case you are unable to return home right away.

I bet if they marketed disaster kits for the Zombie Apoc. they would get more kits in homes. It's actually a pretty good idea to coax younger people into being prepared.

I hate zombies !:eek::eek::eek:

Psh. Zombies. Wait, what's that moaning behind me?

What is the CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response for Zombie Apocalypse?

The CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response for Zombie Apocalypse is a hypothetical scenario created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to educate the public on how to prepare for and respond to a potential zombie outbreak.

Why did the CDC create this scenario?

The CDC created this scenario as a creative and engaging way to bring attention to the importance of emergency preparedness and response. By using the popular concept of zombies, the CDC aimed to reach a wider audience and make emergency preparedness more relatable and fun.

Does the CDC actually believe in the possibility of a zombie apocalypse?

No, the CDC does not believe that a zombie apocalypse is a real threat. The scenario was created as a fun and entertaining way to promote emergency preparedness and response.

What can I learn from the CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response for Zombie Apocalypse?

The scenario teaches important skills and strategies for emergency preparedness and response, such as creating an emergency kit, making a plan with your family, and staying informed during a crisis. It also emphasizes the importance of following official instructions and not spreading rumors or misinformation.

How can I use this information in real-life emergencies?

The skills and strategies learned from the CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response for Zombie Apocalypse can be applied to any type of emergency or disaster situation. By being prepared and knowing how to respond, you can increase your chances of staying safe and protecting your loved ones during a crisis.