Unraveling the Mystery of The Da Vinci Shroud

• Thread starter alt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a TV show discussing the Shroud of Turin and its potential connection to Leonardo Da Vinci. The person who saw the show believes this to be the most plausible explanation and provides a link to the show for others to watch. Another person suggests reading a thread on the topic, which the first person had not seen before. They thank the person for the recommendation and suggest closing or deleting their own post.
alt
Gold Member
The Mona Lisa thread I just saw here reminded me of a fascinating show I saw on TV last night, about the Shroud of Turin. It's something many have wondered about for a long time.

This show postulates that it was done by Leonardo Da Vinci, for political / profit motives aligned with the Savoy family.

It is easily the most plausable explanation I've seen thus far, and very believable, to the extent that I'm settling on that, in my own mind.

It should be availabe on the 'iview' link by now. Have a look at it if interested - fascinating.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thats what they want you to think - it's all a conspiracy

What is the Da Vinci Shroud?

The Da Vinci Shroud, also known as the Shroud of Turin, is a piece of linen cloth that bears the image of a man who appears to have been crucified. It is believed by some to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ.

How old is the Da Vinci Shroud?

The exact age of the Da Vinci Shroud is still a topic of debate among scientists and historians. However, radiocarbon dating has placed the cloth's origins between 1260 and 1390 AD.

Is the Da Vinci Shroud real or fake?

The authenticity of the Da Vinci Shroud has been a controversial topic for centuries. While some believe it to be the genuine burial cloth of Jesus, others argue that it is a medieval forgery. The debate continues, and no definitive answer has been reached.

What scientific evidence exists about the Da Vinci Shroud?

Scientists have conducted various tests and studies on the Da Vinci Shroud, including carbon dating, pollen analysis, and bloodstain analysis. Some have also attempted to recreate the image on the cloth using various techniques, but no conclusive evidence has been found to prove its authenticity.

What is the current theory about the image on the Da Vinci Shroud?

One of the prevailing theories about the image on the Da Vinci Shroud is that it was created through a process called "contact imprinting." This theory suggests that a human body was placed on the cloth, and the image was transferred through contact with the body's skin and fluids. However, this theory has not been proven, and the mystery of the Da Vinci Shroud remains unsolved.

Back