Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Einstein-Hapgood Papers, Crustal Shift

1. Mar 10, 2006 #1

I know people have used this theory to explain myths of ancient civilizations and dinosaurs in the Lock Ness etc... However, when we strip away the automatic reactions to the ideas exchanged between Dr. Einstein and Mr. Hapgood and look at the theory in terms of "global warming", the, as yet, poorly explained cycle of "ice ages" and wandering magnetic poles, the theory tends to offer an explaination for many of the conditions which have occured over the milenia, on earth.

I will try to dig up Einstein's foreword for Hapgoods book and see if I can find detailed and sound explainations of Hapgood's theory. Please feel free to help out with this task on your own. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2006 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is probably better placed in S&D. Newton dabbled in alchemy --- Einstein dabbles in geo-quackery? Kinda doubt it --- he wasn't that incompetent a physicist. Chase it a bit --- 'magine you'll find that the A. E. letters are forgeries.

4. Mar 10, 2006 #3

Mk

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?