1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Parallel Plate Capacitor and Gauss Law?

1. Sep 12, 2006 #1
    The Parallel Plate Capacitor and Gauss Law???

I really do not understand these two things. I read like every single book on this things but still am a lot confused about these two concepts. Can anyone explain me in the most simplest terms of all??? I would really appreciate that. What is this electrci flux in Gauss Law? Please anyone...
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2006 #2
    Do you at least understand the proofs and derivations?
  4. Sep 12, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

If someone tries to explain things "from scratch," there's a good chance they'll just do it the same way your books did, and you won't understand it either (like you didn't understand the books), and they'll have wasted their time.

How about if you quote or summarize an explanation from one of your books, and tell us what you don't understand about it? Then it will be more likely that someone can say something that helps you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?