Explore Carl Sagan's Scientific Papers & Academic Profile

• Thread starter Stella.Physics
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's interest in reading scientific papers written by Carl Sagan. They had difficulty finding his work on various websites and asked for assistance. The conversation ended with the speaker being directed to a link where they could find hundreds of articles written by Sagan.
Stella.Physics
Hello,

today I was watching "cosmos" series and I made a little research on Carl Sagan, read about many achievements and according to Wikipedia I read that he has written more than 600 scientific papers. So I tried to find his work on

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abstract_service.html

and

http://arxiv.org/

and I found just one paper that was submitted after his death...
the paper is the following:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9707039v1.pdfAlso I searched for an academic profile in any university but could not find anything...

So apart from reading about non-specific achievements of how he helped NASA can someone help me with this? I would like to read some of his papers, maybe his PhD or any scientific publication.

Physics news on Phys.org
For starters:

Bandersnatch said:
My query returns hundreds of articles. Have you typed in
Code:
Sagan, Carl
in the very first box?

hello, it seems that I put the name in wrong order hahaha. Yeah, thank you very much :)

EnumaElish said:
For starters:

thank you for your time. I checked your link and saw his books but I asked for scientific papers :)

1. What is the significance of Carl Sagan's scientific papers?

Carl Sagan was a renowned astronomer, cosmologist, and science communicator who made significant contributions to our understanding of the universe. His scientific papers cover a wide range of topics, including planetary science, exobiology, and the search for extraterrestrial life, and are highly influential in the scientific community.

2. How many scientific papers did Carl Sagan publish?

Carl Sagan published over 600 scientific papers throughout his career, making him one of the most prolific and influential scientists of the 20th century.

3. Where can I access Carl Sagan's scientific papers?

Many of Carl Sagan's scientific papers are available online through various databases, such as NASA's Astrophysics Data System (ADS) and the Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System (SAO/NASA ADS). They can also be found in academic libraries and through other online sources.

4. What is Carl Sagan's academic profile?

Carl Sagan's academic profile includes his educational background, professional positions, awards and honors, and a list of his publications, including scientific papers, books, and articles. It also provides insight into his research interests and contributions to the field of science.

5. How can I learn more about Carl Sagan's scientific work?

In addition to his scientific papers, there are many books, documentaries, and other resources available that explore Carl Sagan's scientific work and contributions. Some notable examples include his book "Cosmos" and the television series of the same name, as well as the film "Contact" based on his novel of the same name.