Is the Trilateral Commission Really a World Governing Body?

• News
  • Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the influence of the Trilateral Commission on the world and how it is now being replaced by the World Bank as the popular conspiracy theory. The existence and purpose of the Trilateral Commission is debated, with some seeing it as a harmless think-tank and others comparing it to an international football club. Ultimately, the conversation touches on the idea of a global governing body and the power and connections that come with being a member of such an organization.

How much influence do you think the Trilateral Commission has on... THE WORLD?!

• None at all.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Obviously some.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Trilateral Commission rules the world!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
eNtRopY
How much of an influence do you believe the decisions made by the Trilateral Commission have on the world?

Physics news on Phys.org
Trilateral Commission conspiricy theories are out of vogue. It's the World Bank that is all the rage now.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
Trilateral Commission conspiricy theories are out of vogue. It's the World Bank that is all the rage now.

Njorl

Lol, is there really a differance?

The Trilateral commission is the liberal world domination conspiracy while the world bank is the conservative world domination conspiracy. Choose your poison :wink:

Njorl

Grr. Why don't we have a global centrist conspiracy! I say the current system is deeply unrepresentative and a snub to democracy! :wink:

ROFLMFAO!

I heard this great one where Clinton was going to use the Y2K disaster as a justification to invoke FEMA and sieze dictatorial power.

That one was funny. This one is barely pathetic. The way the question was worded, its assumed that this "Trilateral Comission" actually exists. Shocked and saddened.

It does exist.

http://trilateral.org:9999/

As far as I can tell it is a harmless mutual admiration society masqerading as a think-tank.

Njorl

Last edited by a moderator:

http://trilateral.org:9999/
As far as I can tell it is a harmless mutual admiration society masqerading as a think-tank.

It is interesting they need to put the website at 9999, I guess both to avoid firewalls and to avoid unwanted visitors from the anti-conspiracy crowd.

To me, it is a kind of international football club. I mean, here in Spain one of the greatest shows a businessmen can do is to manage a Football club in the First League. Why? It is not only because he gets TV popularity. He gets also the power to invite people to the president zone in any match, and to organize parties and to be invited to others' parties etc. In this way his bussiness gets collateral benefits by stablishing friendships with the managers of other companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does exist.
Well that's nice but the assumption here is that it is a world governing body. Such a body does not exist.

1. What is the Trilateral Commission?

The Trilateral Commission is a non-governmental organization founded in 1973 by David Rockefeller. It is composed of business leaders, academics, and politicians from North America, Europe, and Asia, with the goal of promoting cooperation and understanding among these regions.

2. Who are the members of the Trilateral Commission?

The Trilateral Commission's membership consists of approximately 350 members, referred to as "trilateralists." These members are influential individuals in their respective industries, such as CEOs, government officials, and academics. The exact composition of the membership changes over time.

3. What is the purpose of the Trilateral Commission?

The Trilateral Commission's purpose is to encourage closer cooperation and understanding between North America, Europe, and Asia. It aims to address global issues, such as economic growth, trade, and security, through dialogue and collaboration among its members.

4. How does the Trilateral Commission make decisions?

The Trilateral Commission operates through regional and task force committees, which discuss and analyze various issues and make policy recommendations to the commission's executive committee. The executive committee then makes the final decisions on the commission's actions and initiatives.

5. Is the Trilateral Commission a secret society controlling world events?

No, the Trilateral Commission is not a secret society and does not control world events. It is a transparent organization that publishes its reports and policy recommendations online. Its members are also not secretive about their involvement, and many are well-known public figures.