What Happened at the Zimbabwe School Close Encounter on September 16, 1994?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Connection
In summary, this article discusses brown, hairy, one-butts with a lisp, tokoloshis, and red dwarves. The tokoloshis are said to be demons that lack human buttocks, and the red dwarves are said to be abusive spirits that symbolize low self esteem.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A good read. This gets a little more serious though. Please see what follows the mythology below.

Originally a water sprite, the tokoloshe is nowadays often a domestic spirit in the households of witches and warlocks. Usually described as a brown, hairy dwarf, it is virtually identical, in habits and appearance, to the brownie of European folklore. The tokolosh is said to speak with a lisp. It is usually naked, but sometimes wears a cloak. In European folklore, a naked brownie often "helps" around the house until it is "paid" with clothing, after which it may disappear. The tokolosh has a single buttock. (Interestingly, in European folklore, demons are also supposed to lack human buttocks, Satan supposedly being frustrated in his attempts to replicate this uniquely human feature. When he felt oppressed by devils, Martin Luther is said to have bared his buttocks to frighten them away.)

http://www.vanhunks.com/tokoloshe1.html

This is the story that I was actually reviewing when I ran across the brown, hairy, one-butts with a lisp.

There is even a UFO connection with the tokoloshi. On September 16th, 1994, three flying saucers were seen hovering over Ariel School, in Ruwa, Zimbabwe. In Zimbabwe, UFOs are so common that local people have an indigenous word for the flying saucer, "ruserwa". One of the spacecraft landed, and a small being with long black hair and large eyes emerged. The being certainly satisfied many descriptions of the tokoloshe, and some pupils took it to be one, and fled for their lives. Perhaps tokoloshis do have an extraterrestrial origin. Some of the children felt that the alien was telepathic. The incident was investigated by the Zimbabwean ufologist Cynthia Hind, and by the abduction expert Dr. John Mack.

Formally known as The Zimbabwe School Close Encounter
Ruwa, Zimbabwe
September 16, 1994
The children said that they had first seen three objects in the sky. These objects would disappear and then reappear in a different location. The objects moved closer and closer to the ground and finally landed in a brushy area adjacent to the schoolyard. This area had not been fully cleared yet and was off-limits to the students. The object landed, or hovered just above the ground, in an area about 100 meters from the students.

The children said that a small man, about one meter in height, appeared on top of the object. The little man, who was described as having a scrawny neck, long black hair, and huge eyes, walked a short way across the ground toward the students. When he noticed the children, he vanished and then reappeared at the back of the object. The object then took off and vanished.

http://ufos.about.com/library/weekly/aa082701a.htm

Here is a nice Sightings report on this event.
See the 11th video from the bottom, center column.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/videos.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Weird. I'm partial to the belief that either the supernatural beings of old may have been ETs or that ETs are supernatural beings. I tend to the latter, feeling them really being pretty much demonic in apperance (the abductee draws sure scare me) and disposition. I was looking for some insight into what Ezekiel's wheels mean on the internet one day and came across a website talking about this website's author's theory connecting the Nephilim to aliens to Ezekiel's wheels to Satan and his attempts to stop the first and second comings of Jesus. I know I'm getting quite off subject, but this thread reminded me and I wanted to know if any of you care to hear the theory. It kinda makes sense in its own way...

This is strange and weird.

About a year ago a guy posted on a paranormal website about havng seen what he described as a dwarf wearing a cloak on several occasions in his life. The tone of his post was one of extreme axniety with manic inensity.

In a different thread at the same site someone independently reported having been driving on a backroad through the woods when he and his companions (sounded like teenagers) all saw a hooded dwarf run across the road in front of the car.

These two reports prompted someone else to post "The Legend Of The Red Dwarf" from a book of lore centered around a city or town in Upstate NY. (Sorry, I don't remember the name.) Kind of a Mothman thing: people see dwarf with red cloak now and then, interpret it to mean this or that.Anyone who used to watch Northern Exposure may recall the couple of episodes in which Ed was harrassed by a green dwarf. The shaman, (played by Graham Greene) explained the abusive dwarf was a symbol of low self esteem, and lead Ed through the process of overcoming this in himself. I have no idea if the writers based the dwarf thing on any actual Native American legend or not.

-Zoobyshoe

How does one crap with only one buttock?

Originally posted by Jonathan
How does one crap with only one buttock?

Try not to think about it too much. It can drive you nuts...just like the sound of one hand clapping problem.

Except that one needn't clap any hands to live. I'm actually serious, for them to even possibly exist they must be able to poop. How can one do this with one buttock?! Is it one big buttock with a hole in the middle and no crack?

Please discuss that in the Gastro-Enteroloy Forum, not here.

"When he felt oppressed by devils, Martin Luther is said to have bared his buttocks to frighten them away.)"

I never thought mooning the demons would have any meaningful effect rather than just taunting it. :rofl: Probably scare them away by the malignant smell :biggrin:

1. What is the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection?

The UFO-Tokoloshe Connection is a theory that suggests a link between sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and the presence of the Tokoloshe, a mythical creature from Zulu and Xhosa folklore. This theory proposes that the Tokoloshe may be an extraterrestrial being or an advanced technology that is behind some UFO sightings.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection?

No, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection. This theory is based on anecdotal accounts and cultural beliefs, rather than empirical data or scientific research.

3. How did the idea of the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection originate?

The concept of the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection first emerged in the 1990s when African ufologists began to explore the possibility of a link between UFO sightings and local folklore. The idea gained popularity through online forums and conspiracy theories, but has not been widely accepted by the scientific community.

4. What are some potential explanations for sightings of both UFOs and the Tokoloshe?

Some possible explanations for sightings of both UFOs and the Tokoloshe include misidentification of natural or man-made objects, hoaxes, hallucinations, and cultural beliefs influencing perception. It is also possible that some sightings may have a scientific explanation that has not yet been discovered or understood.

5. How does the UFO-Tokoloshe Connection impact the study of UFOs?

The UFO-Tokoloshe Connection has not had a significant impact on the scientific study of UFOs. While it may add to the cultural and historical context of UFO sightings in certain regions, it is not a widely accepted or scientifically supported theory. Most UFO researchers focus on gathering and analyzing empirical evidence and do not take cultural beliefs into account in their investigations.

Back