The universe is all in our heads

• Thread starter Rasine
  • Start date
AiA
First off, there is one reality, physical and metaphysical both exist in this reality, secondly, our minds are much more than computers. thirdly, I'm not sure what your asking or saying, I never denied physics nor metaphysics, they are very much connected, my mind and soul are metaphysical within my body which is physical, related, a trinity of self.

AiA said:
First off, there is one reality, physical and metaphysical both exist in this reality, secondly, our minds are much more than computers. thirdly, I'm not sure what your asking or saying, I never denied physics nor metaphysics, they are very much connected, my mind and soul are metaphysical within my body which is physical, related, a trinity of self.
So, do you think caterpillars ever dream of being butterflies? Obviously we are speaking of two separate stages of reality here aren't we?

I have lucid dreams ALL the time. Also, I often have dreams about events before they happen. Dream about people and places that exist, but that I have never seen before in waking reality. for example, i recently had an adventure dream that took place at this "spa" in iceland. it was basically this gigantic outdoor pool with this blue almost glowing water. the water was supposed to have healing properties or something. i was there with my mother and sister. it was such a vivid, fun dream i had to call my mom and tell her about it the next day. fast foward a few weeks, i am home watching that reality show "the amazing race" for the first time, and as they are showing clips from the previous week, when they were in iceland, i see that they were at this place in iceland, and it look EXACTLY like my dream. i got the most wonderful feeling of de ja vu. i did some research the following day on the internet, and discovered that the place from my dream does exist, in reykavic (sp?). it's called the blue lagoon. i have never been to iceland. how do you explain experiences like this if dreams are just the mind working while the body sleeps?

food for thought.

Yes, this would be an example of the collective unconscious, albeit I'm not sure Jung (as has been pointed out to me) intended for it to be spelled out fully in spiritualistic terms. It clearly lends itself to the idea of it though.