The World Can't Wait Drive Out the Bush Regime

• News
  • Thread starter redwinter
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drive
In summary, millions are mobilizing to drive out the Bush regime and create a political situation where his program is repudiated. This will not be easy, but it is our responsibility to try.
russ_watters said:
Just to make this perfectly clear, did you just say that the only reason that the US is still together right now is because the military holds it together?

Also, from your name, location, and the above comment, am I correct to infer that you believe the "Civil War" was an unjust war of agression waged by the United States on an already separate country?
To quote George Carlin
I believe the south was just another minority that got screwed by the US governement.

I believe that the majority of the social problems in this country today trace their roots back to the civil war. Don't get me wrong, I don't support slavery, but we didn't solve the problems associated with slavery with the war. It wasn't until the civil rights movement 100 years later that we seriously began to address the racial and social inequalities that existed and still are exist today to a lesser extent.

The civil war and it's aftermath, ie the amendments to the constitution created the income tax and gave corporations the same rights as individuals.

Slavery is the legal fiction that a person is property. Corporate personhood is the legal fiction that property is a person.

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Just to make this perfectly clear, did you just say that the only reason that the US is still together right now is because the military holds it together?

Also, from your name, location, and the above comment, am I correct to infer that you believe the "Civil War" was an unjust war of agression waged by the United States on an already separate country?

upon reading what i wrote i would put it in this order: because people can make a lot of money and will stand to lose it if this country goes under, because of increasingly fascist tendencies, because of the military/police/agencies.

my name is related to the Soviet Union of old, it was a just war, and I am from the Philadelphia region. although I am sure you could get the answer you want from some people around here, seems some of them have replaced their brains with a binary program that just spits out republican rhetoric and bigotry every 45 minutes.

interesting article on the argentinian system. i was not surprised to read that coverage or rioting was aired, but not of the solidarity that followed. too bad to hear about the brukman factory, that was an impressive show of initiative and again-solidarity

Last edited:
I don't understand the whole Liberal-Conservative argument. Blindly following a political party gets you in trouble either way. I am a Republican who hates the Bush Administration. Basically, in my eyes, America has turned fascist as fascism is the merger of corporate interests and govt. Also, I see the Republican party as a shell of its former self...totally going against policies that a Republic as America is is supposed to be.

In the argument about Bush being a Nazi and comparative to Hitler, I don't think it's mostly a comparison of what Hitler did and what Bush is doing like the Holocaust, but more about propaganda, the loss of civil liberties, and the laws and documents. Basically, I think the argument is that Hitler would have loved to be able to pass legislation like the legislation Bush has passed. And in all fairness, it's not so much Bush, as I see him as more of a puppet, but more like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and others in his administration.

Revolution is the birth of equality and the anithesis to oppression. Our country was founded on revolution. It is the people's right. The American people and the U.S. government are not the same thing. The govt. does not hold authority over the people in the sense of what the people believe. The govt. is supposed to be by the people, for the people. If you think about the British, French, or others, you don't think about their governments, but their civilizations in general. I don't think the rest of the world hates Americans in general, they just hate our government. I'm an American, and I hate our government, but I don't hate my fellow Americans at all. As for an overthrow of the government, it would be a huge task and more people would have to gain knowledge of how the government works for it to happen as it has in other countries. I don't know if it is a feasible action, but at the current rate, might become a necessity in the future for us Americans to live our lives the way our country was founded upon.

bush's grandfather was a nazi supporter

champ2823 said:
I don't understand the whole Liberal-Conservative argument. Blindly following a political party gets you in trouble either way. I am a Republican who hates the Bush Administration. Basically, in my eyes, America has turned fascist as fascism is the merger of corporate interests and govt. Also, I see the Republican party as a shell of its former self...totally going against policies that a Republic as America is is supposed to be.

In the argument about Bush being a Nazi and comparative to Hitler, I don't think it's mostly a comparison of what Hitler did and what Bush is doing like the Holocaust, but more about propaganda, the loss of civil liberties, and the laws and documents. Basically, I think the argument is that Hitler would have loved to be able to pass legislation like the legislation Bush has passed. And in all fairness, it's not so much Bush, as I see him as more of a puppet, but more like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and others in his administration.

Revolution is the birth of equality and the anithesis to oppression. Our country was founded on revolution. It is the people's right. The American people and the U.S. government are not the same thing. The govt. does not hold authority over the people in the sense of what the people believe. The govt. is supposed to be by the people, for the people. If you think about the British, French, or others, you don't think about their governments, but their civilizations in general. I don't think the rest of the world hates Americans in general, they just hate our government. I'm an American, and I hate our government, but I don't hate my fellow Americans at all. As for an overthrow of the government, it would be a huge task and more people would have to gain knowledge of how the government works for it to happen as it has in other countries. I don't know if it is a feasible action, but at the current rate, might become a necessity in the future for us Americans to live our lives the way our country was founded upon.

Follow you completely up until the latter half of the 3rd paragraph. I don't hate my fellow American by default, but i tend to hate my fellow American. Its like the Matrix, if they are not fighting the system they are fighting for it...or something along those lines. In North Carolina, if i walked around with a shirt that said bush is a nazi, or anything along those lines, i would get evil looks to say the least. Getting assaulted might be in the mix.

Most people don't know government very well, and because of this the government has already beaten the people who would stand against it; because it is the oblivious who will side with the government. So in closure, i don't hate my fellow american i hate what the american government has done to my fellow american- so translate that.

oldunion said:
So in closure, i don't hate my fellow american i hate what the american government has done to my fellow american- so translate that.

Nothing to argue, I agree with you 100%.

I think I was more so speaking in generalities. Like you, there are plenty of Americans I can't stand because they can't think for themselves, believe everything they see on tv or are told blindly, and are unwilling to do their own research. From you're entire statement, there's not one thing I'd attempt to argue against as I believe everything you said exactly on point.

That also reminded me of a couple quotes:

“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country.”
-Hermann Goering (1893 – 1946) Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe,
President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and Hitler’s designated successor.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.
James Madison

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
Thomas Jefferson

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.""Joseph Goebbels

champ2823 said:
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.

That's why I think we shouldn't worry, and why I'd like to see Bush doing his thing a bit longer. Then the consequences will become so visible that they'll wake up over the pond. I think btw that they started waking up.

vanesch said:
That's why I think we shouldn't worry, and why I'd like to see Bush doing his thing a bit longer. Then the consequences will become so visible that they'll wake up over the pond. I think btw that they started waking up.

I don't know, most people are ignorant; and we must consider the infinite powers of ignorance. When you steal someones pride through brainwashing from media, people slowly but surely can all relate their ignorance to one another. Like "the real world" or any number of reality shows. And when people say they don't pay attention to or they don't like politics, i don't understand this; it isn't this thing called "politics" is your ability to be who you are and do what you want.

Some people know, some people care, but there are so many who dont. I won't mention a certain conspiracy theory, but it is blatently obvious to anyone who can type in an address and read from left to right.

oldunion said:
I don't know, most people are ignorant; and we must consider the infinite powers of ignorance. When you steal someones pride through brainwashing from media, people slowly but surely can all relate their ignorance to one another. Like "the real world" or any number of reality shows. And when people say they don't pay attention to or they don't like politics, i don't understand this; it isn't this thing called "politics" is your ability to be who you are and do what you want.

Some people know, some people care, but there are so many who dont. I won't mention a certain conspiracy theory, but it is blatently obvious to anyone who can type in an address and read from left to right.
I couldn't agree more (although, i don't know what conspiracy you are talking about). Life is so much easier for the ignorant who know how to stay that way. I like to ask people: If someone gave you piece of fecal matter that looked, smelled, tasted and felt like chocolate... would you eat it? :biggrin:

One of my favorite quotes:
Homer Simpson said:
what is mind? no matter. what is matter? nevermind.

No more W!

oldunion said:
I don't hate my fellow american i hate what the american government has done to my fellow american- so translate that.

I've tried to figure out my own emotions on this score.

I 'hate' that education is being compromised.

I 'hate' that faith-based society (creationism in school, for example) is being advocated.

I 'hate' that the reasons for war constantly morph, there seems to be no integrity in the govt on this.

I think these sorts of things, coupled with our military, is a dangerous (beyond dangerous) mix for the rest of the globe.

... When I see a fellow American who seems to embody these changes (doesn't value education, is militant about creationism or some other faith based idea, buys the current party line about war without any analysis of the 2003 rationale) ... the negative feelings surrounding these trends really gets me. I don't 'hate' my fellow americans, but there is a lot of negativity that gets mixed up when I see people like this. It's human.

oldunion said:
And when people say they don't pay attention to or they don't like politics, i don't understand this; it isn't this thing called "politics" is your ability to be who you are and do what you want.
What is with these people? When I hear someone say this, I reply "Well you should." I don't care if it makes them embarrassed, because they should feel shame.
outsider said:
No more W!
Ditto. At the same time, I feel it is good for him to deal with his own messes--a little like rubbing the puppy's nose in the poop for potty training.
pattylou said:
... the negative feelings surrounding these trends really gets me. I don't 'hate' my fellow americans, but there is a lot of negativity that gets mixed up when I see people like this.
Likewise, ditto. Unfortunately for the first time in my life I do not pursue new personal relationships of any kind with these people. I avoid the matter with family/friends who fall under the "grandfather" clause. This was not the case before Bush, the great divider.

SOS2008 said:
I feel it is good for him to deal with his own messes--a little like rubbing the puppy's nose in the poop for potty training.

If it were so simple, but when we say "bush has to deal with his mess," it really means the citizens have to deal with his mess. its hard to hold the actions of one man against that man, when this man is in control of the usa. He might be blamed for it in the end but citizens will clean it up.

things come to mind such as:
dead soldiers
uranium all over the middle east
loss of public health due to reduced epa standards

speaking of the uranium :eek:, i pulled up a link on another thread and searched through that website and this is what i found...http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/4.html

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters said:
There is one caveat, of course: if a person actually believes that Bush intends to end the rule of democracy in the US, then it might be worth it to stage a coup. It'd be a tough sell, though, unless he actually did refuse to cede power in 3.5 years.
I believe he intends it, but don't think he will succeed so I am not going to stage a coup.

I don't have any evidence, it is just my opinion.

SOS2008 said:
Likewise, ditto. Unfortunately for the first time in my life I do not pursue new personal relationships of any kind with these people. I avoid the matter with family/friends who fall under the "grandfather" clause. This was not the case before Bush, the great divider.
I do. I want to reach out as much as possible to close the division. But I refuse to back off of Bush. He is the problem!

Skyhunter said:
I do. I want to reach out as much as possible to close the division. But I refuse to back off of Bush. He is the problem!
I wouldn't give him all the credit... he's got a deep bench of supporters and advisors. Someone has to reassess what is happening and the CURRENT group is clearly wearing blinders. :grumpy:

Skyhunter said:
I believe he intends it, but don't think he will succeed so I am not going to stage a coup.

I don't have any evidence, it is just my opinion.
Wow. :bugeye: Interesting to know, though.

oldunion said:
If it were so simple, but when we say "bush has to deal with his mess," it really means the citizens have to deal with his mess. its hard to hold the actions of one man against that man, when this man is in control of the usa. He might be blamed for it in the end but citizens will clean it up.
I understand what you are saying, if for no other reason than appointments to the Supreme Court between now and 2008, which is what many people neglected to understand under duress from fear-mongering about terrorism. Nonetheless, Bush was re-elected (though many feel this was accomplished with unethical tactics). So here we are and there he is, like having a tacky piece of art on our walls that we must look at each day (who had such bad taste to put that there!). But he's there, and we must pay the price until his term is done (or he's impeached--oh how wonderful that would be--let me have my dreams!).
Skyhunter said:
Your kindness is a quality, but perhaps dangerous. Do you know what we are dealing with? They are completely off their rocks.
russ_watters said:
Wow. :bugeye: Interesting to know, though.
You're not on some Republican staff that you pass this information on to are you?

Last edited:
SOS2008 said:
I understand what you are saying, if for no other reason than appointments to the Supreme Court between now and 2008, which is what many people neglected to understand under duress from fear-mongering about terrorism. Nonetheless, Bush was re-elected (though many feel this was accomplished with unethical tactics). So here we are and there he is, like having a tacky piece of art on our walls that we must look at each day (who had such bad taste to put that there!). But he's there, and we must pay the price until his term is done (or he's impeached--oh how wonderful that would be--let me have my dreams!).
yes, one day he will be gone... and who will take his place? Who would want to take a position that has been so F'd up? Plus, Bush & Co are expecting to already have what they are looking for by then... why do you think it's full throttle right now? They can't afford for this fiasco to carry on till election time... and even then, they will probably try to finish the job that they started rather than campaign a dead campaign... if this mission is accomplished... i rather not think about it... :grumpy:

Your kindness is a quality, but perhaps dangerous. Do you know what we are dealing with? They are completely off their rocks.
I don't know how he does it... but I think that his level headedness is honorable... we all are trying to learn something here...
You're not on some Republican staff that you pass this information on to are you?
I wonder about anyone who is so closed minded as to not even consider other perspectives (especially on a science forum). :frown:

I'm so happy I don't live in your country, what a mess! :-)

outsider said:
I wouldn't give him all the credit... he's got a deep bench of supporters and advisors. Someone has to reassess what is happening and the CURRENT group is clearly wearing blinders. :grumpy:
To be more accurate in the future I will try and say Bush & Co. If I don't you can assume I also mean to include the people pulling his strings.

Anttech said:
I'm so happy I don't live in your country, what a mess! :-)

Do you really think anyone is safe, anywhere?

Bush isn't the best president ever, but wtf is with these threads.

EDIT: All of you who say you are happy you don't live here...that's stupid, because you don't know what it's like to live here at all, in the slightest bit(unless you have lived here of course). Media outside of America is very anti American right now. I like living in the US. Everyone says tons of horrible things are happening, but nothing is effecting me really...(nor my parents)

oldunion said:
Excellent point, oldunion. Unfortunately, what the US government does affects everyone's lives everywhere. Some areas of the world may feel relatively more secure at the moment, but this aggressiveness has opened up a can of worms and the chaos that has errupted as a result is unpredictable: anything could happen at any time - we may even be on the brink of WW3 (or even in it - it's hard to tell).

I don't fell unsafe anywhere I go to be honest, terrorism is a threat, but it has always been, Politicians are blowing it out of all context now for cheap votes...

I was referring to the Massive and very appartent everywhere you look, divide and polarisation in the American people... Even in Italy with berlu-mafioso-sconi there isn't such a huge divide...

Anttech said:
I don't fell unsafe anywhere I go to be honest, terrorism is a threat, but it has always been, Politicians are blowing it out of all context now for cheap votes...

I was referring to the Massive and very appartent everywhere you look, divide and polarisation in the American people... Even in Italy with berlu-mafioso-sconi there isn't such a huge divide...
I don't feel unsafe either, Anttech. But I don't worry so much about my physical safety - I'm more concerned about my mental health. It is a strain living in such times of such huge uncertainty. It is a real strain watching the deaths of thousands of innocent people in wars that are being fought only for the profits of the rich. It is a strain reading about how the ordinary lives of people who just want to do ordinary things - have jobs, have families, go to the movies once a week - living in fear of bombs killing them or their loved ones any second. Even if I am not, at the moment, directly threatened in any of these ways, I can't sleep because of my awareness that so many people are. I think about the depleted uranium used in weapons in Iraq - about the deformities this is causing in babies. I imagine what it would be like to give birth to such 'monsters' as the ones I have seen pictures of. I imagine what it would be like living as a paraplegic returned soldier that no-one cares about and the government doesn't give money to. I can't stop my imagination... I just can't shut it off. So it becomes too much for me. And all for the profits of the already rich! How utterly and unforgiveably disgusting!

I won't call it being scared, but i had a strange feeling the other day because i was driving by three gas stations and all of them had very long lines of cars. I realized that as far away as everyone seems to think they are from whatever, they are not. I am not near Louisiana, or iraq, but i realize now more than ever that what happens at point C can quickly skip point B and return to my residence at A-sorry I am an engineer.

On the brink of WW3 Alexandra...perhaps. This time though i don't feel it will be as much of a nation vs nation kind of thing, after all WW2 has a point- to erradicate fascism and restore order. But right now, a war cannot be fought against fascism, its like a cancer now; you can't blast cancer out of your body, you need to isolate it and stop the spread. Who would you even go to fight? In WW3 civilians will be involved, you have china and many other disgruntled countries across the globe; the next war will be against fascism- in such a war everyone is involved.

I live near one of the largest banking hubs in the usa, there is a military base 4 hours east, and no one i know shares an open mind with me. There is racism, bigotry, political unawareness is rampant, and my favorite...indifference; the exodus of individuality as we know it shows the effectiveness of media, publicity is most successful when aimed at the most massive bourgeois/lower class to reduce them down to a narrow field of personality. How could you feel safe in a land like that? It isn't an Aryan nation, but likeness of mind is strongly advocated.

One has to see beyond the fact that all seems normal, you can go see movies or visit the market and buy food etc etc. Thats normal enough, but what about the right to own arms which is increasingly being addressed by the government- what a bonus it would be to have a mentally like population which was not armed; coercion comes to mind. You can do what you want, as long as it doesn't get in the way of government's earning power, as long as it doesn't produce a chaos which was not itself started by government, and as long as you don't threaten the governments ability to control the masses- do anything besides that and you are free.

Last edited:
THere are more ways to feel unsafe than terrorism.

I learned that one of our elementary school's scientist parents is leaving the site council. I said to this man how sad I was to see him go, that we need to make sure science and health have good representation at the school.

There were three of us there, and I swear to god - we all three cast surreptitious glances around - to see if our advocacy of science had been overheard.

The religious right has me scared a hell of a lot more than anything else.

pattylou said:
There were three of us there, and I swear to god - we all three cast surreptitious glances around - to see if our advocacy of science had been overheard.

pattylou, hang in there, ok! Don't be scared. They must not win! There's much at stake here...

alex

pattylou said:

I learned that one of our elementary school's scientist parents is leaving the site council. I said to this man how sad I was to see him go, that we need to make sure science and health have good representation at the school.

Here in CA you are worried about this, or was this somewhere else?
I wouldn't think that you'd have to worry about such things around here for the most part.

oldunion said:
I live near one of the largest banking hubs in the usa, there is a military base 4 hours east, and no one i know shares an open mind with me. There is racism, bigotry, political unawareness is rampant, and my favorite...indifference; the exodus of individuality as we know it shows the effectiveness of media, publicity is most successful when aimed at the most massive bourgeois/lower class to reduce them down to a narrow field of personality. How could you feel safe in a land like that? It isn't an Aryan nation, but likeness of mind is strongly advocated.

One has to see beyond the fact that all seems normal, you can go see movies or visit the market and buy food etc etc. Thats normal enough, but what about the right to own arms which is increasingly being addressed by the government- what a bonus it would be to have a mentally like population which was not armed; coercion comes to mind. You can do what you want, as long as it doesn't get in the way of government's earning power, as long as it doesn't produce a chaos which was not itself started by government, and as long as you don't threaten the governments ability to control the masses- do anything besides that and you are free.
good post. indifference is rampant for sure... individuals have enough problems to worry about and rather not think about anything. talking about music, television and celebrities seems to be a much more popular topic... but I can undrstand why... this is why i don't talk politics with people around me... people will judge you for your political beliefs... if you are pro-choice, wow... or if you are for the death penalty... you get the idea... in the wrong circles you will easily be outcast and then you never know why you got fired or layed off. being indifferent is as easy as saying "whatever" or "i don't know".

The media has made everything into a popularity contest and being IN is more important than doing what's right. Reality TV supports backdoor skull duggery and conspiracies... teaching the youth of tomorrow about strategic alliances and decieving others in order to "play to win". I don't want to bring up morals, but morals are becoming obsolete. It's time to get with the program and I just want to change the channel.

pattylou said:

what about how rapists are released into neighborhoods discreetly? My wife is a pretty little thing and I wouldn't let her walk our dog alone because you just never know. I don't worry about terrorists at all come to think of it... there are plenty of other more likely threats to worry about. :devil:

outsider said:
My wife is a pretty little thing and I wouldn't let her walk our dog alone because you just never know.

Where exactly do you live ? When does she walk the dog usually ? :devil: :rofl:

vanesch said:
Where exactly do you live ? When does she walk the dog usually ? :devil: :rofl:
haha.. your funny... how do you say... fou toi... i live in grenoble france... where Andre the Giant was from... and we always walk together... keep your frog fingers 2 yurself french fry :tongue2: no hijaking... respond with something relevant or I'll have to beat you with a bagette then grease it with lots of parisian butter and shove it ... up yours and then make you eat it :rofl:

outsider said:
respond with something relevant or I'll have to beat you with a bagette then grease it with lots of parisian butter and shove it ... up yours and then make you eat it :rofl:

OUCH ! :bugeye: :cry: