Thermal Compound, calculating amount of hardener and resin by weight

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2slowtogofast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thermal Weight
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
2slowtogofast
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
I have a simple question. If when mixing two liquids together the directions say mix 10.4 parts of hardner by weight for every 100 parts of resin and I want the final mixture to be 2.75lb, could I do the following?

Mh = mass of hardener
Mr = mass of resin

Mh + Mr = 2.75lb

Mh/Mr = 10.4/100 = .104

Then just solve from there to get the amount of each. I know this should be pretty straight forward but I just wantedto double check. Thanks in advance.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
lay these things right out

I always like to lay these things right out as percentages:

You need 9.42% hardener, and need 90.58% resin.

10.4/(100+10.4) = 0.0942
100/(100+10.4) = 0.9058

Mh 0.0942 x 2.75 = 0.259
Mr 0.9058 x 2.75 = 2.491

check1: 0.259 + 2.491 = 2.75
check2: 0.259/2.75 = 0.0942 = 9.42%
 
Last edited: