Thermal Simulation Software (Flixo vs Therm)

In summary, the conversation is about working with thermal software such as Flixo and Therm, and one person is having a problem with U-Value calculations differing between the two programs. They are seeking help and suggestions from anyone with experience using these programs, particularly with calculating thermal bridge at corners.
banfillb
Hey All,

Have any of you ever worked with thermal software such as Flixo and Therm? I'm having a problem with U-Value calculations differing between the two programs, and I would really liek to get to the bottom of why.

What I'm thinking:

I am coming up with some ideas based on some vague information from both parties (flixo and therm). It is looking like therm does not take heat flux into account when it calculates the U-Value through a section of a cross section. However, even when I do not consider heat flux in Flixo...they still arrive at different values.

Im hoping someone has experience with these programs! Please help!

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is there anyone who can show me how to calculate thermal bridge at the corners - FLIXo?
Best regards
Goce

1. What is thermal simulation software?

Thermal simulation software is a computer program that is used to model and analyze the thermal behavior of a system or object. It utilizes mathematical algorithms and equations to simulate heat transfer, temperature distribution, and other thermal properties.

2. What is the difference between Flixo and Therm?

Flixo and Therm are both popular thermal simulation software used in the construction industry. Flixo is mainly used for analyzing the thermal behavior of building components, such as walls and windows, while Therm is used for simulating whole building energy performance. Additionally, Flixo has a user-friendly interface and is better suited for beginners, while Therm has more advanced features and is better suited for experienced users.

3. How accurate are the results from thermal simulation software?

The accuracy of results from thermal simulation software depends on various factors, such as the complexity of the system being simulated, the accuracy of input data, and the accuracy of the mathematical models used in the software. In general, these software programs can provide a good estimation of thermal behavior, but it is important to validate the results with real-world measurements.

4. Can thermal simulation software be used for all types of materials?

Yes, most thermal simulation software programs have a wide range of material databases that include common building materials such as wood, concrete, and steel. You can also input custom material properties to simulate unique materials.

5. Is thermal simulation software easy to use?

The ease of use of thermal simulation software varies depending on the program and the user's level of experience. Some software, like Flixo, have a user-friendly interface and are easy to learn for beginners. However, more advanced features and simulations may require some experience and training to use effectively.