Software that models atmospheric hypersonic flight

In summary, the individual is looking for programs that can simulate a launch of projectiles and capsules fired at hypersonic speeds by a coilgun or mass driver. They specifically need the program to calculate values such as drag, instability, and heat at different altitudes. They have looked at Solidworks and Autodesk, but are unsure if they align with their needs. They are also asking for redirection if this is not the appropriate place to post.
CenturionSC2
Hi,
I would like to model various projectiles and capsules being fired at hypersonic speeds by a coilgun or equivalent mass driver. Does anyone know of any programs that could simulate a launch or at least parts of the flight? (ie. setting the atmospheric density for a given region, calculating various values like drag, instability, heat at that altitude etc. and then repeating that process to get a general idea at for the entire duration).

Some of the programs I looked at were Solidworks and Autodesk which both seemed to have flow simulations, but I don't know if they would align with what I'm looking for

Thanks in advance! :)

(If I posted this the wrong place could someone redirect me?)

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What is atmospheric hypersonic flight?

Atmospheric hypersonic flight is a type of flight in which an aircraft travels at extremely high speeds (typically above Mach 5) within the Earth's atmosphere. This type of flight presents unique challenges due to the high speeds and intense forces involved.

2. How does software model atmospheric hypersonic flight?

Software that models atmospheric hypersonic flight uses complex mathematical equations and simulations to predict the behavior of an aircraft at high speeds and in varying atmospheric conditions. This includes factors such as air density, temperature, and pressure.

3. What are the benefits of using software to model atmospheric hypersonic flight?

Using software to model atmospheric hypersonic flight allows for more accurate and efficient testing and design of aircraft. It also reduces the need for expensive and time-consuming physical testing, making it a cost-effective solution for researchers and engineers.

4. Can software accurately predict the behavior of an aircraft during atmospheric hypersonic flight?

While software can provide valuable insights and predictions, it is not always 100% accurate. This is because there are many variables and factors that can affect the behavior of an aircraft at high speeds in the atmosphere. However, with advanced algorithms and constant refinement, software can provide a close approximation of an aircraft's behavior.

5. How is software that models atmospheric hypersonic flight used in real-world applications?

Software that models atmospheric hypersonic flight is used in various real-world applications, such as designing and testing hypersonic missiles and spacecraft. It is also used in research and development for future hypersonic aircraft and for understanding the effects of atmospheric hypersonic flight on current aircraft.