Thermodynamic derivation of heat capacity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
tarletontexan
Messages
29
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



cp=cv+TV?^2/?

Homework Equations




cp=T/N([itex]\partialS[/itex]/[itex]\partialT[/itex])p

The Attempt at a Solution


I have the equation, just not sure how to apply it? Any help would be appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tarletontexan said:

Homework Statement



cp=cv+TV?^2/?

Homework Equations




cp=T/N([itex]\partialS[/itex]/[itex]\partialT[/itex])p

The Attempt at a Solution


I have the equation, just not sure how to apply it? Any help would be appreciated

I am not sure what the question is. Are we dealing with an ideal gas?

AM
 
yes, I know that there are several maxwell relations to get to the solution I just don't know how to apply them.
 
tarletontexan said:
yes, I know that there are several maxwell relations to get to the solution I just don't know how to apply them.
Start with:

TdS = dU + PdV

CP = (∂Q/∂T)P = T(∂S/∂T)P = (∂U/∂T)P + P(∂V/∂T)P

AM