Thermodynamics property calculation

In summary, the conversation discusses determining the internal energy, quality, enthalpy, and specific volume of air with a temperature of 227 Celsius and a pressure of 1000 kPa. The discussion also mentions that a state is defined by two properties and that formulas for an ideal gas can be used to solve the problem. However, it is also mentioned that the original data can be calculated from a website. The poster also notes that the thread is old and the original poster may have found the answer by now.
xzibition8612

Homework Statement

Air has a temperature of 227 Celsius and a pressure of 1000 kPa. Determine the internal energy, quality, enthalpy, and specific volume if it exists.

Homework Equations

A state is defined by two properties. All other properties can be derived from two independent properties.

The Attempt at a Solution

Ok so in theory two independent properties define the state, so I should be able to do this problem. Problem is there are no formulas relating them...I am totally lost right now. I only know the concept, but have no tools. Anyone help me pls.

Physics news on Phys.org
If I had to guess, I think you are allowed to assume the air is an ideal gas, and then use the formulas for an ideal gas to figure out what you need to.

you can get the formulas by polynomial fitting. The orginal data can be calculated from www.eThermo.us

The OP was looking for an answer 2 years ago. He either found it by now or ...

Please check the dates in the thread before posting (or necro posting) to a thread which is months, if not years, old.

1. What is thermodynamics property calculation?

Thermodynamics property calculation is the process of using mathematical equations and formulas to determine the physical properties of a system, such as temperature, pressure, energy, and entropy.

2. Why is thermodynamics property calculation important?

Thermodynamics property calculation is important because it helps us understand and predict how energy flows and transforms in various systems, such as engines, power plants, and chemical reactions. This knowledge is crucial for designing and optimizing efficient processes and technologies.

3. What are the basic laws of thermodynamics?

The three basic laws of thermodynamics are: the first law, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted; the second law, which states that the total entropy of an isolated system will always increase over time; and the third law, which states that the entropy of a perfect crystal at absolute zero temperature is zero.

4. How is thermodynamics property calculation used in engineering?

Thermodynamics property calculation is used extensively in engineering to analyze and design systems that involve energy transfer and conversion. For example, it is used in the design of refrigeration systems, power plants, and combustion engines to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively.

5. What are some common thermodynamic properties that can be calculated?

Some common thermodynamic properties that can be calculated include temperature, pressure, volume, energy, enthalpy, entropy, and heat capacity. These properties are interrelated and can be used to describe and predict the behavior of a system under different conditions.