Things that make me laugh my head off

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Head
In summary, I laugh at life, my wife's jokes, nonsense, people who disagree with me about anything at all, parody, bad puns, people who trip and fall, Einstein's theory of relativity, my own evil plans to take over the world, and good puns, in that order.
fourier jr
1. failed erudition
2. eggcorns
3. malapropisms

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I don't know what any of those three mean, but as long as you laugh, that's good. Not much makes me laugh my head off. I usually have a chuckle here and there.

fourier jr said:
1. failed erudition
2. eggcorns
3. malapropisms

The delightful Bush, e.g.

Also to go along with that---People who say something with high convictions as the 'truth' and mean it---(when its all their own BS either because they really think so, or trying to sell you something/convince you of something)

rewebster said:
Also to go along with that---People who say something with high convictions as the 'truth' and mean it

You must HATE math, huh?

WarPhalange said:
You must HATE math, huh?

not math is hard

:smile:

Words are not enough action is, MIH is an untouchable guru :biggrin:

Thank you. But I am very touchable. Some have even argued that I'm a little "touched". :biggrin:

I predict that the movie Tropic Thunder is going to make me laugh so hard that everyone in the movie theater will hear me.

That happened when I watched Jacka$$ Number 2. Probably one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in theaters.

Ahhh...to be a college student! :)

Math Is Hard said:
Thank you. But I am very touchable. Some have even argued that I'm a little "touched". :biggrin:

touched by an angle

rewebster said:
touched by an angle

Are you going off on a tangent?

fourier jr said:
1. failed erudition
2. eggcorns
3. malapropisms

4. Mondegreens too?

Surely good Mrs. Murphy shall follow me all the days of my life ... Psalms 23

Last edited:
what everyone is thinking and speaking up is enough to make me laugh my head off :ROFL:

Math Is Hard said:
Are you going off on a tangent?

no, I hope not---I still want a sine that I'm on track, though

rewebster said:
no, I hope not---I still want a sine that I'm on track, though

we'll let you know if your remarks become obtuse.

Math Is Hard said:
we'll let you know if your remarks become obtuse.

OK--thanks--I'll try not to be a radical

Math Is Hard said:
Thank you. But I am very touchable.
For a price?

rewebster said:
OK--thanks--I'll try not to be a radical

And I'll try to not be irrational.

tribdog said:
For a price?

Oh no. Just some sweet talk will do. :)

Math Is Hard said:
And I'll try to not be irrational.

did I mention that I was a free radical? That may have some vector to the conservation.

Oh dear god, its the angle jokes again. I wonder who will be the first one to use the acute joke. :biggrin:

Only if those complements worked in real life...

My girlfriend was telling me how mad she was, "she was absolutely vivid."

WarPhalange said:
You must HATE math, huh?
Bertrand Russel said:
Mathematics is the subject in which we do not know what we are talking about or whether what we say is true.
I laugh at life, my wife's jokes, nonsense, people who disagree with me about anything at all, parody, bad puns, people who trip and fall, Einstein's theory of relativity, my own evil plans to take over the world, and good puns, in that order.

1. What exactly makes people laugh their head off?

People often laugh at things that are unexpected, relatable, or absurd. Humor can also come from clever wordplay, physical comedy, or simply being in a good mood.

2. Is laughing good for our health?

Yes, laughing has numerous health benefits. It can boost our immune system, relieve stress and tension, and even help to reduce pain. It also releases feel-good endorphins in our body.

3. Can we learn to have a better sense of humor?

Yes, humor is a skill that can be developed and improved upon. We can expose ourselves to different types of comedy, practice finding the funny side of things, and learn to not take ourselves too seriously.

4. Why do some people find certain things funny while others don't?

Humor is subjective, so what one person finds funny may not be funny to someone else. Our sense of humor is influenced by our personality, experiences, and cultural background.

5. Can laughing too much be harmful?

While laughing is generally good for us, there is a condition called "gelotophobia" where people have a fear of being laughed at. Additionally, excessive laughter can cause temporary discomfort in the abdominal muscles, but it is not considered harmful.