Time period of a pendulum consisting of a rod and bob

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
justwild
Messages
52
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


How should I find the time period of a pendulum which is made up of a rod of length l fitted with a bob of radius r at its one end and the other end being pivoted to the wall?



2. The attempt at a solution
Actually having problem with calculating the moment of inertia of the system, which I think is the very step to solution of the problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
justwild said:
Actually having problem with calculating the moment of inertia of the system, which I think is the very step to solution of the problem.
You'll need both the moment of inertia and the centre of mass. What equations do you have for moment of inertia that might be relevant?