Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tongue Splitting: The new rage

1. Jun 21, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"But after a few minutes, a couple cigarettes and several deep breaths, he sat in the basement of a storefront tattoo parlor, closed his eyes and let a friend split his tongue down the middle with a scalpel....his tongue was clamped in place, numbed and slit 2 inches (5 cm) up the middle, looking uncomfortably like a piece of raw liver freshly cut by a butcher."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2961624&fromEmail=true

Last edited: Jun 21, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2003 #2
    His brain got a new function! I am wondering whether his tongue(s) can roll independently.

[I'm now having my meal ]

4. Jun 21, 2003 #3
    heh..cant say thats somthing i like. Toung peircings i can handel..but spliting is to bigger sefl mutilation...

5. Jun 22, 2003 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder what it looks like when he sticks his tongue out and goes TTTTHHHHHHHHHHHH?

I can't even read the whole story. I had to stop when I got to the part about looking like liver.

Talk about speaking with a forked tongue!

Where are this kids parents?!!!!
    He will surely regret this eventually.

6. Jun 22, 2003 #5

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But just think of what you could do during oral sex...

oh look. There goes my mind! I gotta go catch it before it goes down the gutter.

*dang*

7. Jun 22, 2003 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know everyone thought it but I wondered who would first speak it; You rebel you

8. Jun 22, 2003 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Imagine what he looks like licking a lollipop. Y, Y, Y, Y. God I'm cracking myself up here.

9. Jun 23, 2003 #8
    yuck that is so sick, i mean im all into body art but that aint art thats deranged.

"beware the followers of lucy-fur for they shall speak with forked tongue (and a slight lisp/impediment)."

10. Jun 24, 2003 #9
    oh come on that was funny!!!!!!!?????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

11. Jun 27, 2003 #10
    I wonder how much it changes your voice, or if you get used to it....

12. Jun 27, 2003 #11
    Did anyone actually read the last sentence of this article...

"But for believers in modification, a split tongue is merely a start. Split penises, sliced lengthwise in half, are not unheard of among aficionados."

One word: wow.

13. Jun 27, 2003 #12

jb

or oww!

why would anyone do this?

14. Jun 27, 2003 #13
    You know, Anyone who does this is an idiot. There's no justification. It doesn't make any kinda of political or social statement other than to say I'm into self-mutilation.

As for the penis thing *cringe* I don't care how good it makes me in bed. Go get a damn vibrator woman!

15. Jun 28, 2003 #14

jb

i don't see how it could be better in bed, unless you wanted to have the pleasure of 2 ladies at the same time. even so, i think it would seriously mess up how everything works down there.

16. Jun 29, 2003 #15
    Ouch! I opened a piercing magazine up once, right to the center pages where the staples were, and had the misfortune of seeing a closeup of this. I still feel a cringe reflex when I think about it.

17. Jun 30, 2003 #16
    oucchh, oouuucchh stop talking bout that im having to cross my legs at the thought of it, (then again i cross my legs most of the time anyway) but that is just a horrid thought.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?