Tongue Splitting: The new rage

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Splitting
In summary, a man went to a tattoo parlor and had his tongue split in half with a scalpel. He could now move each half independently and do party tricks with it. Some people found this amusing, while others found it disturbing and a form of self-mutilation. The article also mentioned that some people have had their penises split in half as well.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"But after a few minutes, a couple cigarettes and several deep breaths, he sat in the basement of a storefront tattoo parlor, closed his eyes and let a friend split his tongue down the middle with a scalpel...his tongue was clamped in place, numbed and slit 2 inches (5 cm) up the middle, looking uncomfortably like a piece of raw liver freshly cut by a butcher."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2961624&fromEmail=true

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
it wasn't long before he could move each half independently and do party tricks like picking up pens and pencils.
His brain got a new function! I am wondering whether his tongue(s) can roll independently.

[I'm now having my meal ]

heh..cant say that's somthing i like. Toung peircings i can handel..but spliting is to bigger sefl mutilation...

I wonder what it looks like when he sticks his tongue out and goes TTTTHHHHHHHHHHHH?

I can't even read the whole story. I had to stop when I got to the part about looking like liver.

Talk about speaking with a forked tongue!

Where are this kids parents?!
He will surely regret this eventually.

But just think of what you could do during oral sex...

oh look. There goes my mind! I got to go catch it before it goes down the gutter.

*dang*

Originally posted by enigma
But just think of what you could do during oral sex...

oh look. There goes my mind! I got to go catch it before it goes down the gutter.

*dang*

I know everyone thought it but I wondered who would first speak it; You rebel you

Imagine what he looks like licking a lollipop. Y, Y, Y, Y. God I'm cracking myself up here.

yuck that is so sick, i mean I am all into body art but that aint art that's deranged.

"beware the followers of lucy-fur for they shall speak with forked tongue (and a slight lisp/impediment)."

oh come on that was funny!? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I wonder how much it changes your voice, or if you get used to it...

Did anyone actually read the last sentence of this article...

"But for believers in modification, a split tongue is merely a start. Split penises, sliced lengthwise in half, are not unheard of among aficionados."

One word: wow.

Originally posted by Matt
Did anyone actually read the last sentence of this article...

"But for believers in modification, a split tongue is merely a start. Split penises, sliced lengthwise in half, are not unheard of among aficionados."

One word: wow.

or oww!

why would anyone do this?

You know, Anyone who does this is an idiot. There's no justification. It doesn't make any kinda of political or social statement other than to say I'm into self-mutilation.

As for the penis thing *cringe* I don't care how good it makes me in bed. Go get a damn vibrator woman!

i don't see how it could be better in bed, unless you wanted to have the pleasure of 2 ladies at the same time. even so, i think it would seriously mess up how everything works down there.

Ouch! I opened a piercing magazine up once, right to the center pages where the staples were, and had the misfortune of seeing a closeup of this. I still feel a cringe reflex when I think about it.

oucchh, oouuucchh stop talking bout that I am having to cross my legs at the thought of it, (then again i cross my legs most of the time anyway) but that is just a horrid thought.

What is tongue splitting?

Tongue splitting is a body modification procedure where the tongue is cut down the middle, creating a forked or split appearance.

Is tongue splitting safe?

Like any body modification, there are risks associated with tongue splitting. It is important to do thorough research and choose a reputable and experienced professional to perform the procedure.

How is tongue splitting done?

Tongue splitting is typically done using a scalpel or laser to cut the tongue down the middle. The cut is then stitched or cauterized to keep the two halves separated.

Does tongue splitting affect speech or eating?

Tongue splitting may affect speech and eating in the short term as the tongue adjusts to its new shape. However, with proper care and healing, most people are able to speak and eat normally after the procedure.

Can I reverse tongue splitting?

Reversing tongue splitting is difficult and may not be possible. It is important to carefully consider the decision to undergo this body modification before proceeding.

Back