A Towards a dS/MERA correspondence

http://arxiv.org/abs/1611.08581
Towards a dS/MERA correspondence

Raj Sinai Kunkolienkar, Kinjal Banerjee
(Submitted on 25 Nov 2016)
Recent advances have suggested that spacetime itself emerges from the entanglement of the quantum degrees of freedom living on the boundary. In the case of the AdS spacetimes, a particular class of tensor networks has been shown to realize the same via Multi-Scale Entanglement Renormalization Ansatz (MERA). In this paper we suggest a prescription for the dS/MERA correspondence and recover a discrete version of de Sitter Penrose diagram by using the MERA on conformal theories identified with the future/past conformal boundaries of the de Sitter spacetime. As anticipated, time appears as the emergent direction. We comment on the possible interpretation that the de Sitter cosmological horizon entropy involves entanglement with degrees of freedom across the cosmological horizon as well as the implications of our construction for cosmology.

atyy

Science Advisor
Hmm, very interesting - I thought dS/CFT was dead!

Now with some googling, I remember the Amninos, Hartman and Strominger dS/CFT for higher spin gravity. But I think they didn't then know how to realise it for Einstein gravity.