Transient FEM Simulation of a Solenoid Actuator with MAXWELL

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
renohr
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey Guys!

Hi Guys!

Well I am new here and I have to confess that I somehow got stuck in a 3D transient electromagnetic simulation of a solenoid actuator and… I’m a mechanical engineer^^ So I would appreciate some help of you guys!

1. I imported the geometry from CAD-files. But I remodeled the coil and the plunger with a sweep of the section around the z-axies.

model.jpg


2. I added a vacuum Band around the plunger

3. I setup the motion with:

motion1.jpg
motion2.jpg
motion3.jpg
4. I added some meshing options

5. I added a winding and a coilterminal with an external circuit

circuit.jpg


6. I setup the Solution:

solution.jpg


7. I solved itSo the solving went smooth but the mesh is not very refined jet. I get a Force acting on the plunger but the speed and the position of the plunger they don’t change...
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
It somehow seems to be a problem with the movement. The moving vector has to be positive apparently. I will keep you posted