Maxwell 2d (ANSYS): Bldc motor simulation

In summary, the speaker has several questions about simulating a BLDC motor in Maxwell 2D. They are seeking help with calculating loss and finding simulation results that are closer to practical results. They also have questions about coil cross section and moment of inertia. They mention that their simulation takes a long time to stabilize and ask if there is a way to decrease the minimum time step without losing precision. They clarify that their questions are about Ansys Maxwell, not Maxwell Render.
mr.93
Hi all
I have few questions in bldc motor simulation in maxwell 2d:

- I need help in loss calculation,I exported a bldc motor in rmxprt to maxwell 2d after entering core properties and w/kg data in 50hz,in 2d checked stator and rotor in set core loss and checked (consider core loss effect on field) in advanced for improving solution accuracy, after all simulation results 121.6w core loss (11.74w in rmxprt) and 12w StrandedLoss (36.2w in rmxprt).
with disabling (consider core loss effect on field) core loss change to 10.5w and StrandedLoss to 10.7w.
with changing coil cross section to N*Dcon^2 and N*pi*Dcon^2/4 (with same way as exporting do) StrandedLoss change to 17.7w and 22.8w but core loss change to 39.1w and 38.3w (without checking consider ...)bldc
so what may be wrong?

- with what formula coil cross section is made when coils and stator have same information?(why slot fill factor in rmxprt and maxwell 2d is not matched together?)

- moment of inertia in motion setup is the same as (estimated rotor moment of inertia) in rmxprt but with calculating moment of inertia for rotor and magnets in 3d with setting surrounding cylinder to different moment of inertia can be reach.

- I use meshing that provided with exporting,how can find simulation results near to practical Results?
- my simulation takes too long time to be stable,is it possibble to decrease minimum time step or time step without loosing precision?

-Thanks-

Likes zand10000
Engineering news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Try asking here
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=107
Thanks Greg,but I didn't mean maxwell render,my problems in Ansys Maxwell (or ansoft maxwell previously) software that used in electromagnetic analysis

1. What is Maxwell 2d and how is it used for BLDC motor simulation?

Maxwell 2d is a finite element analysis software developed by ANSYS specifically for electromagnetic simulations. It is used to model and analyze the performance of BLDC (brushless direct current) motors, which are commonly used in electric vehicles, drones, and other applications.

2. What are the key benefits of using Maxwell 2d for BLDC motor simulation?

Maxwell 2d offers several advantages for BLDC motor simulation, including accurate analysis of magnetic fields, precise prediction of motor performance and efficiency, and the ability to optimize motor design for specific applications. It also allows for easy visualization of results and can save time and resources compared to physical testing.

3. Can Maxwell 2d simulate different types of BLDC motors?

Yes, Maxwell 2d can simulate various types of BLDC motors, including surface-mounted, interior permanent magnet, and transverse flux motors. It can also handle different rotor configurations, such as slotted and slotless designs.

4. Is Maxwell 2d suitable for both steady-state and transient analysis of BLDC motors?

Yes, Maxwell 2d can perform both steady-state and transient analysis of BLDC motors. This means it can simulate the motor's behavior under constant operating conditions as well as dynamic conditions such as start-up, acceleration, and deceleration.

5. How user-friendly is Maxwell 2d for BLDC motor simulation?

Maxwell 2d has a user-friendly interface with a variety of tools and features that make it easy to set up and run simulations. It also has extensive documentation and technical support available for users who may need assistance. Additionally, the software has a built-in solver that automatically adjusts settings for optimal performance, making it accessible for users with varying levels of experience.