1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trigonometric Integrals by Substitution

1. Feb 8, 2013 #1
    I am unsure whether I have properly performed the integration of the integral ∫((sin(√x))^3*dx)/√x

When I used my TI-Nsprire CAS to take the derivative of my answer in order to check if I was correct, and it came out differently. Now I used some trig identities to manipulate the problem, so I figured that is why it was different. So when I stored the integral into one function and the solution into another function, values I would enter were different for each function. Can someone correct any errors I have made or confirm that my answer is correct?

I have attached my attempt at the integral as a .jpg file.

∫((sin(√x))^3*dx)/√x

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2013 #2
    Your solution and answer are correct. Note that whatever answer your calculator had, you can merely subtract it from the original and see if the result is 0.

4. Feb 8, 2013 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I don't see an error, and I can confirm that your solution is correct.

5. Feb 8, 2013 #4
    Thanks a lot guys, and good advice Karnage1993, a much easier process then what I was doing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook