TRIPLE INTEGRALS - How do I do this -I cannot draw at all

In summary, the conversation discusses the method of visualizing and solving a double integral, with the specific example being a region bounded by six planes. The individual explains their difficulty in drawing the region, but notes that the integral limits are correct. They also express a need for tips or suggestions on how to better visualize and solve similar problems.
PhysicsHelp12
I really can't draw at all, so usually i just imagine the figures in my head and then do it

and then I usually imagine a slice perpedicular to some axis (eg x) take the double integral T

(x) over the slice and then integrate that over x.

The Region is bounded by the siz planes z=1 z=2 y=0 y=z x=0 x=y+z

I know it looks pretty obvious and I might that it should be

1<z<2 0<y<z and 0<x<y+z there's my integral,

but any tips or suggestions on drawing or seeing which way to iterate better ? I've tried ...I

cannot draw this in any way ...

Please help

Physics news on Phys.org
actually I can easily visualize the first 5 planes in my head, but when i try to combine the last one it creates confusion and I can't do it ...

y+z=x ...idk how to draw or visualize something like this

I know how it should look -its a plane -then I get 3 lines y=x y=x z=-y ...

but when I try to draw them ...I can't see the plane

PhysicsHelp12 said:
I really can't draw at all, so usually i just imagine the figures in my head and then do it

and then I usually imagine a slice perpedicular to some axis (eg x) take the double integral T

(x) over the slice and then integrate that over x.

The Region is bounded by the siz planes z=1 z=2 y=0 y=z x=0 x=y+z

I know it looks pretty obvious and I might that it should be

1<z<2 0<y<z and 0<x<y+z there's my integral,

but any tips or suggestions on drawing or seeing which way to iterate better ? I've tried ...I

cannot draw this in any way ...

Please help
I don't know how to how to help you visualize it but the limits on your integral are correct.

1. What is a triple integral?

A triple integral is a mathematical concept used in multivariable calculus to find the volume of a three-dimensional object. It involves integrating a function over a three-dimensional region using three variables.

2. How do I solve a triple integral?

To solve a triple integral, you first need to identify the limits of integration for each variable. Then, you need to set up the integral using the appropriate formula and solve it using integration techniques such as u-substitution or integration by parts.

3. What is the difference between a single, double, and triple integral?

A single integral is used to find the area under a curve on a two-dimensional plane. A double integral is used to find the volume under a surface in three dimensions. A triple integral is used to find the volume of a three-dimensional object.

4. Do I need to be able to draw to solve a triple integral?

No, you do not need to be able to draw to solve a triple integral. While visualizing the three-dimensional region may help in understanding the problem, it is not necessary for solving the integral.

5. What are some common applications of triple integrals?

Triple integrals have many applications in physics, engineering, and other fields. They are used to find the mass and center of mass of a three-dimensional object, calculate fluid flow, and determine the electric field of a charge distribution, among others.