1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Triple Integrals. Need help ! I cant figure out why 2 integrals arent matching up

1. Nov 25, 2009 #1
    Triple Integrals
    I am currently taking Calc 3 at college and I ran across a small problem with this one triple integral I am trying to work out (The problem is written as Example 1 in the book work document· So far I have had no luck in finding someone who could help me. If you can't help me it's okay, I am just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Attached is a copy of the problem from the book and how they did it with the final integration being from 0 to pi/2 and a copy of my work with the final integration being from 0 to pi. According to my professor it should be the same but I am not getting the same answer with this problem or the actual problem I have to do. Any help will be appreciated and if you can't help I understand.

Please try to help if you can...

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2009 #2
    Re: Triple Integrals. Need help ASAP! I cant figure out why 2 integrals arent matchin

I think the theta angle is defined in a funny way in that excercise. If you have r going from zero to [tex] 2 \sin \theta [/tex], then it goes from zero to zero.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook