Solve Question: 7/[(x-3)(x-2)]+9/(x-3) + 1 <0 - Get Help Now

• Thread starter vkash
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to solve a given question involving inequalities and the importance of getting the equation into a more usable form. The speaker also mentions the need to flip the inequality when multiplying or dividing by a negative number. They then ask for hints on how to approach the problem and if the provided information helps in finding solutions. The conversation ends with a thank-you note.
vkash
7/[(x-3)(x-2)]+9/(x-3) + 1 <0
How to solve this question. Just give me hint.

can you tell me how to write the words so that they come beneath other.

I know this question is for section homework help but i didn't found any suitable place for this question there so i put it here.

Thanks for any kind of help.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Inequalities are solved mostly the same as equalities; the only difference is you must flip the inequality when multiplying or dividing it by a negative number.

Most importantly, try getting it into some more usable forms. This isn't too useful:
r8a7g3.gif

These two are better:
nwfxoy.gif

zloym8.gif

Does that make some solutions jump out to you?

KingNothing said:
Inequalities are solved mostly the same as equalities; the only difference is you must flip the inequality when multiplying or dividing it by a negative number.

Most importantly, try getting it into some more usable forms. This isn't too useful:
r8a7g3.gif

These two are better:
nwfxoy.gif

zloym8.gif

Does that make some solutions jump out to you?
Thanks!..

1. What does the equation 7/[(x-3)(x-2)]+9/(x-3) + 1 <0 represent?

The equation represents a rational inequality, where the left side is less than zero.

2. What is the purpose of solving this equation?

The purpose of solving this equation is to find the values of x that satisfy the inequality, in order to determine the intervals where the expression is negative.

3. How do you solve this equation?

To solve this equation, you first need to simplify the expression on the left side by finding the common denominator. Then, you can use algebraic techniques to isolate the variable and solve for x.

4. What are the possible solutions to this equation?

The possible solutions are the values of x that make the expression on the left side less than zero. This can be determined by graphing the equation or by finding the critical points and testing the intervals in between.

5. What is the significance of the inequality being less than zero?

The significance of the inequality being less than zero is that the expression on the left side is negative, meaning that the graph of the equation will be below the x-axis in those intervals. This information can be useful in applications such as optimization problems or determining the range of a function.