Type your username in backwards with your eyes closed

In summary, The conversation discusses the ease of touch typing using the QWERTY keyboard layout and the use of tactile clues on the F and J keys. Some participants found it easy while others struggled, with one person noting the difference between using all 10 fingers versus 2 thumbs. There is also mention of using "Siri" to type and a mistake in typing the word "print."
hbk4894
my attempt

yteast

Physics news on Phys.org
Fingers on the home keys, eyes closed. Got it on the first try.
Most QWERTY keyboards have tactile clues (a raised do tor dash) on the letters F and J.
These let you know where your hands are on the keyboard without looking.

gtmmicm
1/7 - really bad :smile: Edit: I did not type it in backwards...

sdnihp got it first try. What's supposed to be hard about this? .Scott explained it perfectly well. hbk, I take it you are not a touch typist.

aikpos

namekreb

phinds said:
sdnihp got it first try. What's supposed to be hard about this? .Scott explained it perfectly well. hbk, I take it you are not a touch typist.
oteehcmo

Me too!

hmmm... Perhaps "touch typing" was/is a lot easier when you use all 10 fingers vs 2 thumbs. :biggrin:

...mmmh I wonder what "Siri" would type if you asked her to do that.

retis[

Looks like I forgot the n and messed the P. :biggrin:

nicram

1. What is the purpose of typing my username backwards with my eyes closed?

The purpose of this activity is to test your hand-eye coordination, as well as your ability to type without looking at the keyboard.

2. How do I type my username backwards with my eyes closed?

To type your username backwards with your eyes closed, start by closing your eyes and placing your hands on the keyboard. Then, use your muscle memory and spatial awareness to type your username in reverse order. It may take some practice to get it right!

3. Will typing my username backwards with my eyes closed improve my typing skills?

Yes, this activity can potentially improve your typing skills by challenging your muscle memory and hand-eye coordination. It can also help you become more comfortable with typing without looking at the keyboard.

4. Is there a specific speed or accuracy I should aim for when typing my username backwards with my eyes closed?

There is no specific speed or accuracy to aim for when typing your username backwards with your eyes closed. The main goal is to challenge yourself and have fun with the activity.

5. Can I try typing my full name or any other words backwards with my eyes closed?

Yes, you can definitely try typing other words or phrases backwards with your eyes closed. This can be a fun and challenging way to improve your typing skills and hand-eye coordination.