UCF Grade Forgiveness: Get Answers to Your Questions

• Admissions
  • Thread starter D-lineman92
  • Start date
In summary, UCF Grade Forgiveness is a policy that allows undergraduate students at the University of Central Florida to retake a course in which they received a poor grade and replace it with the new grade earned upon retaking the course. This policy can be used up to three times during a student's undergraduate career and only applies to courses taken at UCF with a grade of D+ or lower. Utilizing UCF Grade Forgiveness will remove the original grade from the GPA calculation and only factor in the new grade earned upon retaking the course.
D-lineman92
Hi all,

I've have just earned a AA degree from a Florida Public Institution, and I was wondering how the grade forgiveness works at UCF. I was at USM beforehand, and failed a class, then I came back home and failed a few more before I got serious. Now I have a 3.0 in grade forgiveness. I know UCF honors grade forgiveness, but would they honor all of it? Because without it i'd have a 2.06

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd say this is something that the UCF themselves would be best able to answer. Have you contacted them yet?

Likes Dr. Courtney

1. What is UCF Grade Forgiveness?

UCF Grade Forgiveness is a policy that allows students to retake a course in which they received a poor grade and have that grade replaced with the new grade earned upon retaking the course.

2. Who is eligible for UCF Grade Forgiveness?

All undergraduate students at the University of Central Florida are eligible for UCF Grade Forgiveness.

3. How many times can a student use UCF Grade Forgiveness?

A student can use UCF Grade Forgiveness up to three times during their undergraduate career at UCF.

4. Are there any restrictions on which courses can be forgiven?

Yes, there are restrictions on which courses can be forgiven. Only courses taken at UCF can be forgiven, and only courses in which a grade of D+ or lower was earned can be forgiven.

5. How does UCF Grade Forgiveness affect my GPA?

When a course is forgiven, the original grade will no longer count towards your GPA. The new grade earned upon retaking the course will be the only grade factored into your GPA.