Can't Decide? Here's How to Find an Industry Combining Your Interests

• Thread starter jontyjashan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved someone expressing their interests in various fields such as Maths, Robotics, Astrophysics, Electrical Engineering, Drawing, and Radioactivity and asking for advice on finding an industry that combines all of these interests. The response suggested looking into industries like nuclear engineering applied to robotics or designing robots for space-related agencies.
jontyjashan
Unable to decide!

hello guys
I have great interest in Maths,Robotics,Astrophysics,electrical engineering,drawing,radioactivity
where can i get an industry involving all these!

Physics news on Phys.org

There's no rule that says you have to find an occupation that combines each and every one of your interests. Depending on where you are in your career/education right now, I might recommend looking at a general education avenue in either physics or engineering and then as you advance, you can move into a specific field depending on where you discover strengths and more intense interests.

What field can i join

jontyjashan said:
hello guys
I have great interest in Maths,Robotics,Astrophysics,electrical engineering,drawing,radioactivity
where can i get an industry involving all these!

Sounds to me like you would want to get into an industry like nuclear engineering but applied to robotics. It might sound like a science fictiony thing because in all honesty I don't know if there is portable power systems engineering as a real study.

Nuclear engineering would probably be a good bet for you though. I know there's a couple of such engineers on here so maybe they can put forward what a typical day is like for you.

actually i have little interest in nuclear engineering than at robotics

I think you're being quite vague, and I doubt there is anything that incorporates all of those subjects in equal proportions. However, designing robots for NASA or another space-related agency or organization might fit.

1. What is an industry?

An industry is a specific sector of the economy that involves the production and sale of goods or services. Examples of industries include technology, healthcare, entertainment, and finance.

2. Why is it important to combine my interests when choosing an industry?

Combining your interests when choosing an industry can lead to a more fulfilling and enjoyable career. It allows you to pursue a field that aligns with your passions, making work feel less like a chore and more like a meaningful pursuit.

3. How can I determine which industries combine my interests?

One way to determine which industries combine your interests is to make a list of your hobbies, skills, and values. Then, research different industries and see which ones align with your list. You can also talk to people in different industries to get a better understanding of their day-to-day work and see if it appeals to you.

4. What if I can't find an industry that combines all of my interests?

It's common for people to have multiple interests that may not all align with one specific industry. In this case, it's important to prioritize and identify the interests that are most important to you. You can then narrow down your industry options based on those interests.

5. Can I switch industries if I change my interests in the future?

Yes, it is possible to switch industries if your interests change in the future. It's important to regularly reassess your interests and career goals and make adjustments as needed. Many industries offer opportunities for career growth and development, allowing you to pivot and explore new interests within the same field.