1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UNC Chapel Hill Physics Department

1. Jul 31, 2014 #1
    Greetings,

I'll be transferring to Chapel Hill in about a year for a double major in physics and math. I was curious if anyone on the Physics Forums had any experience or knowledge about Chapel hill in this specific area that may help me, or would at least be good to know. Thanks for the input beforehand.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2014 #2
    I visited there a few months ago to check out the chemistry department. It's beautiful! Everybody is nice there and it doesn't seem very cut throat. The food is good and the area is great. You hardly need to ever drive, there are busses everywhere. Also, I saw some really cool lasers there if you like that kind of thing ;)

4. Aug 1, 2014 #3
    That's great. I appreciate your post. It was very helpful. I plan on visiting there soon, I hope to have the same experience.

5. Aug 1, 2014 #4
    I know chapel hill is a great school. I've heard good things about it. I visited it once, gorgeous campus. You'll like it :)

6. Aug 1, 2014 #5
    Check out the Coker Arboretum when you visit!

7. Aug 1, 2014 #6
    I'll definitely do that. Thanks a lot.

8. Aug 1, 2014 #7

ZetaOfThree

Gold Member

I am a physics major at UNC Chapel Hill. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook