Proof of the variation of the determinant of the metric

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Das apashanka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Delta Variation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Das apashanka
I am looking for the proof of delta variation of determinant of metric but still I find difficulty ? Can I get the full proof here
 
Physics news on Phys.org
See e.g. Inverno's textbook on GR, chapter 7.3. But I'm afraid that if you don't give any background, people will not answer your question. This forum is not the physics equivalent of McDonalds.
 
Das apashanka said:
if you please upload the section/book that will be a great help
This might also be a good time to mention the Physics Forums rule about copyright violations.

We can help you understand a topic, but you'll have to meet us halfway. You said you're having difficulty - how far in did you get before you got stuck? What books or other resources have you been studying from and what is your starting point?